You know, today was great fun. Today, we had a writer’s workshop over at NAC. Normally, I’d maybe vlog about this, but considering that it’s for writing, and technically this is still a blog and not entirely a vlog… well. You get the gist. And oddly enough the topic of discussion today was more of a fun, round-table discussion about 2 things. 1) NaNoWriMo (which I will attempt again this year :3), and 2) Blogging.
You know, I had a blog. I technically still have a blog. For about 12 years now, I’ve had LiveJournal, and I kept it irregularly updated from time to time depending on how I was feeling or whether or not I was busy. But then, after moving from LA in 2008 and having so little to report… well, sometime in early 2009, I relied on Twitter posts (which aren’t a thing anymore). Then at some point I actually started making videos and…yeah.
Also, it should be noted that the late nature of this post is due to the fact that I actually got curious about when I stopped blogging and started Tweeting and Vlogging respectively :| I had myself a little walk down memory lane (the best kind, since there’s no actual walking). I really began my vlogging at the end of 2009 (literally, Dec. 29, 2009). I started with IronAndCrystalHouse just because MsMoon was taken and I was trying to be different. Later, I went to MsMoonHere…I really wish there was a way to merge YouTube accounts, or at least to edit the dates of videos that are getting uploaded. I’d get all the videos off of Iron&Crystal and put them up on MsMoonHere -..-
Anyway, back to the original idea before that tangent. They were saying that it’d be great to write at the minimum 1 sentence and at the maximum 100 words. Really, they’re trying to not step on anyone’s feet here, and they’re aren’t wrong. I mean, having a blog does give you the opportunity to write… and whatever. But, if you have no ideas. If you have nothing to talk about… then you have nothing to write about. And 9 times out of 10, people would rather watch a video summing up whatever you’re writing about anyway.
So…I figured, an actual writing update….oi vey.
So…what could you possibly not know? I mean… everything of significance is sort of in my videos…I suppose. Um.
- I moved back in with my parents after an air-conditioner snafu over the summer… A $900 Air Conditioner snafu no less o..o Yeah.
- We just brought Lokitty to the vet this morning… we were getting her declawed, and then we learned that she was not a she… Lokitty is in fact male O..O I mean… a lot of people have been asking how I could’ve not noticed it, and to that I reply that Loki’s fur is so thick and I wasn’t about to start searching for a tictak in there.
- NaNoWriMo approaches…and I’m bracing with fear and anxious trembling.
- I’m planning a tiny pilgrimage to my cousin’s house in Michigan at the end of November/beginning of December. We shall lay about and have great funs.
- I have 3 stories (possibly 4) that are original that I’m constantly thinking about.
- I’ve got 3 fan fics that I’m working about/constantly thinking about.
There are other things … I mean, things going on and stuffs and I wouldn’t recommend it :3 But most of it’s still developing, so I kinda don’t wanna talk about it till it’s done. But, I’ve definitely typed too much…so with my guilt assoged, I shall retreat :)
I hate ambiguity, and I hate it when things are vague. I like it when people go to each other and say exactly what it is they want to say. I made a statement on Twitter, and for some reason just because I stated my opinion it drew an enormous amount of aggro. Mostly from my cousin, Scamp, but also from a few people I never even met...which is exactly why I didn't bother giving them any replies. Those that are important to me are important... and that's just how it is for me.
I said, and I quote, "What's all this I hear about boycotting BP? So because one rig made a huge mistake we're going to put millions into unemployment? Geeze -..-" I followed a statement that 'BP had to be punished' with "That's a tad illogical. BP is a company. The crew on the rig are the ones who made the mistake. I'm guessing they are paying. And no ammount of punishment will fix the problem -..-" This is a statement that I still believe and stand by.
I've always felt that I could discuss anything with Scamp, because we've always discussed anything with one another before. We didn't always agree, but it didn't seem to matter. I thought her friendship was worth more than our differences... which is how I see all my friends. But then this came up and she seemed to get furious with me... Several things were said. I felt that I stated my opinions objectively. But Scamp said several things as well, and a lot of it seemed as though is was to purposefully hurt me.
She posted that she didn't want 'to hear people on their high horse, preaching' which I certainly didn't think I was doing. I thought I was stating my opinion. She also said that since I'm not physically there I have no right to my opinion... which is not only ludicrous, but hurtful. So, because I've moved that means the place I was born and raised in, the place I spent 25 years growing in, and learning how to live life in, is suddenly none of my business? I can't have an opinion about it because I've moved? I replied with "dont think for an instant that I've forgotten the wetlands. I just understand that no ammount of punishment will make it right. You can punish BP all you want. When your villian is gone, you'll still have oil in your wetlands. Forgive me for seeing a biger picture. It'll only put millions of families into unemployment if you just focus on punishment." She said that she was 'standing up for people who couldn't stand up for themselves'.... to which I replied, "And btw, this is a discussion over twitter. You aren't really standing up for anyone. You're tweeting"... she then said that if I was there she'd say it to my face, which ... wasn't what I meant at all. After all, saying or not saying anything to my face doesn't really qualify as 'standing up for' anyone or anything. It's just talking. To stand up for anything, it actually requires that you do something. And all we were doing was talking.
I was then told that I shoved Christianity down her throat, another thing I don't remember, and that our friendship was under a strain...another thing I was unaware of. I loved it when she'd text me and ask me to listen to her talk about her ideas... I loved working through those ideas with her until she reached a conclusion. And she helped me too. I'd always thought of her as my friend despite our difference and I thought she considered me the same... distance was never an issue either. At least not to me.
She then ended the whole thing with a simple 'see you' and deleted her Twitter account.
I was hurt by everything that was said, but I breathed through it and reasoned that she's probably too sensitive about the issue right now (at least, the whole BP oil spill issue) to look at it objectively, being in the thick of it and all. It still hurt that she couldn't see that any fool who turned on the news, and understood that area, would see and be affected by the situation. I swear, I saw the pictures on the Yahoo news page of the brown pelican covered in oil and I just collapsed into sobs...I told myself to just let her breath, take a breath myself... feel the pain and hope that some time would help us both....
Then Scamp posted a huge entry in her journal saying, essentially, that her friends never treated her as well as she thought, and it was only in looking back that she realized it. She mentioned that some of them talked behind her back, and she always heard about it, and she said that people saw her as a friend of leisure...she also said that some people complain that their friends forget them and she didn't understand why they treated her the same way. She didn't name names, I noticed and after reading it I concluded that it had nothing to do with me. There was another few posts, one of which was deleted, but I still was too hurt to comment. I couldn't say anything because every time it just hurt and depressed me.
But then I began to wonder.... is she talking about me? Because that can't really be possible. I treat her badly? I neglect her? I talk behind her back? I treat her as a friend of leisure? No... I certainly wasn't a friend of leisure every time she mentioned that she needed a break and I drove 4 hours to pick her up and bring her to my place. Considering gas prices, it wasn't convenient but it was always worth it because being with her is fun and I always enjoyed it, despite the fact that I had to go out of my way and get her. I would say it also wasn't 'convenient' to pay for everything - every meal and every movie we went to. And believe me, meals at Zen weren't always cheap. And the many gifts that I got for her? The 50th anniversary edition Lord of the Rings and leather-bound Hobbit (books I didn't have for myself, I bought them for myself later). Or I wouldn't say that I'd forgotten about her when I won the once a month drawing for Figure Prints and automatically thought, "I gotta get Fallena for Scamp!!".... These were all things that I just did without even thinking about them, because it just seemed natural. I certainly don't remember ever talking behind her back about her, though I got a few lectures from people about her talking about me and Mom behind our backs.... should I believe all those horrid things that were told to me?
I texted Reiko, a simple message 'Am I a difficult friend?' She immediately called me back, asking why the hell I would ask. I explained what was going on. There were several 'what!''s on her part, but I told her to think about it, because I hate to just dismiss someone's words... I asked her if she thought our friendship was strained because we were so far apart. There was a pause and then several expletives later, Reiko had heartily assured me (in her own way) that she couldn't fathom it. That she and I had been friends since she was 9 and that even though we were so different, she'd always thought of me as her closest friend.
I told her that maybe I should call more often, but I feel like I'm the one with no life, so I'd just be bothering everyone. I mean, Reiko has her job and her husband... Scamp has various ailments and I hate the thought that I'd bother her when she's in pain, and she's also got a fiance that she's separated by a greater distance than me, so... I feel like I might call and interrupt them or something... And Chibi...well, Chibi's always been so busy with school and she rarely answers her cell anyway... so. Feeling insignificant has made me hesitant to call, and being ignored a lot has made me feel as though when no one is talking to me nothing is out of order. It's not like I have a lot to report, so why bother calling or e-mailing?
Reiko told me to call her whenever, and not to even worry about anything. So at the very least, I know that she doesn't feel I've behaved badly (Oh yeah, and Reiko was in Louisiana after a cousin's wedding, and she had the nerve to tell me she was eating crawfish -..- cruel girl). It made me feel a little better, but it still really didn't resolve the issue.
It feels like a tornado I'm just being swept up into, and I keep going round and round and round....And the more I go, the more hurt I am that all those good times are gone. Either way I look at it, I can't help but feel hurt and betrayed and cheated. And because I'm so hurt by it all, I just sit here and tell myself not to react. But I'm not feeling any better. I resolve not to be miserable, but even thinking about it is like gouging and new wound.
I don't really know what to think anymore. I'm just... hurt and confused. And I really just want to take a breath, and go back to how things were. But, I'm not sure if it will anymore...
- 09:58 Queen Anne's Lace has been popping up all over the place. The flower has such an intricate pattern,... dailybooth.com/u/3670h #
- 11:37 Dad finally finished up pouring the foundation for his shed, with some help from the boys and the pastor. #
- 12:10 We're headed to Branson :) #
- 13:32 What's all this I hear about boycotting BP? So because one rig made a huge mistake we're going to put millions into unemployment? Geeze -..- #
- 13:35 @Davlenagain People in general rarely make sense. Suppose they wont try for it now. #
- 13:38 @wotcherscamp That's a tad illogical. BP is a company. The crew on the rig are the ones who made the mistake. I'm guessing they are paying. #
- 13:39 And no ammount of punishment will fix the problem -..- #
- 13:43 @ShinnodaDude Six letters: google. It's major news. #
- 13:44 This should sound out to other oil companies the importance of saftey regulations... My dad's rig just did that procedure with no problems. #
- 13:45 Countless rigs do that, but they follow the safety regulations. #
- 13:48 @wotcherscamp It's illogical because punishing BP as a whole will involve punishing people in no way connected to this. #
- 13:49 @wotcherscamp If your dad worked for BP he'd be out of a job, and through no fault of his own. #
- 13:51 @wotcherscamp dont think for an instant that I've forgotten the wetlands. I just understand that no ammount of punishment will make it right #
- 13:54 You can punish BP all you want. When your villian is gone, you'll still have oil in your wetlands. Forgive me for seeing a biger picture. #
- 14:04 It'll only put millions of families into unemployment if you just focus on punishment. #
- 14:08 @wotcherscamp You know, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you were actually picking a fight when all I did was state a simple opinion. #
- 14:13 @wotcherscamp All I said is that punishing everyone connected to BP wont solve any one's problem. Still fail to see where that's wrong. #
- 14:16 @wotcherscamp And btw, this is a discussion over twitter. You aren't really standing up for anyone. You're tweeting. #
- 14:19 By the way, having a dad who works in the oil field. BP is already spending millions a day to plug this hole. #
- 14:25 That's odd. I thought I was asking you to objectively look at something and see more than your own part of the problem. I appologize. #
- 14:34 @wotcherscamp You're the one getting worked up over this, not me. I'm just stating my opionion. It doesn't bother me that we disagree. #
- 14:41 @Davlenagain Tell me about it. Dad working in the industry gives us a unique view into that business. #
- 15:23 Why hello Branson Landing. #
- 15:44 Just got through shopping at Belk. I'm set for about a year, and, dear God, but it was much needed. #
- 17:10 Home. Fixing a home spa thingie up for Mom :) #
- 17:17 So tired... and so sick and tired of being sick and tired. I actually can't wait till my doctor's appointment -..- #
- 17:24 This is a picture my dad took of me and my horse Rocky. I was probably about 16 or 17, so this was about 10... dailybooth.com/u/36drq #
- 18:21 It doesn't matter anymore... #
- 21:23 Gawd...I have the worst sinus head ache now =..= #
- 21:25 =..= Gotta remember tomorrow to try and forget today. If Mom starts to think I'm depressed, she'll get worried. #
- 21:27 Can't wait till I can shower... #
- 22:10 there's a point where you just don't deserve anything you're going through. #
- 22:52 Towels are washed and put away. Must shower now. Early morning tomorrow =..= #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter
- 09:53 -..- at church... Oh, and Bub came down Friday afternoon, so he's here too. Although he's opted to hang about outside with the cats... #
- 10:00 Oh joy... Kayle and Larry are here -..- #
- 12:20 Hello, Western Sizzlin :) #
- 14:33 z..z ... =..= ... -..- ... >..< ... o..o ... =..= #
- 15:50 Oh... God ... >..< I hate exercise. #
- 15:54 oh well...at least my thighs are getting firmer -..- #
- 16:16 @Umamor1 @Umamor1 ...uh....ok ^..^ #
- 16:18 @Umamor1 .... <..< And what exactly is wrong with MY dance class? I mean, sure it involves a pole, but it's works every body part... #
- 16:39 @Umamor1 ...I was being sarcastic :) #
- 16:40 @Umamor1 Yah, well, it doesn't exactly translate well through text, does it :\ #
- 16:58 =..= and it's almost time to go again. Dangit...why'd I pick up Races of Eberron again? Now I don't wanna put it down... #
- 17:07 @Davlenagain It certainly seems that way doesn't it... #
- 17:23 Watching my Mom beat Dad at gin :) #
- 17:54 At church waiting on the guys to show. So glad I brought my note book. #
- 17:55 @Kexman Why is your life in such dire need of straightening? #
- 18:30 No one showed up again... Le sigh. Time to trudge upstairs -..- #
- 19:20 And we're on our way home. #
- 19:41 Home and starving. #
- 21:27 @wotcherscamp ...crap :( #
- 21:29 @wotcherscamp ...why do we need to substitute sugar again? #
- 21:32 @wotcherscamp hm. Guess I'm gonna switch back to sugar. Especially since I have that digestive problem -..- #
- 21:35 @wotcherscamp I'll try that too. #
- 21:38 @wotcherscamp Sryup and peanut butter is awesome too. Probably not as healthy tho o..o #
- 21:41 Doing my balance-while-sitting-on-the-ball exercise...which is hella boring, so it's transitioned to bounce-while-sitting-on-the-ball :) #
- 21:44 ''My horomones don't rage. Oh sure, they get mad sometimes, but then they just stop speaking to each other.'' x3 classic Daria. #
- 22:24 Oh! I found my Batman boxers! XD finally! #
- 23:03 Night, all. I've got another early morning tomorrow. #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter
- 12:21 Tried to call Mom four or five times now, she still hasn't called back. She may've just gone out to town and just left her cell behind -..- #
- 12:37 Ah. She was in the garden out back. We're headed to Burger King. #
- 14:47 I can has package :3 #
- 14:53 Today is only a little better than yesterday. #
- 14:58 Cons: I'm still sore, I have a horrable tension headache, and cleaning the church aggrivated my scyatica. #
- 15:01 Pros: I got a package, and I dont have to do anything more at church. #
- 16:53 I need a shower -..- #
- 18:31 @wotcherscamp and I'd like Jensen Ackles. Someone have him powdered and brought to me :) #
- 18:45 @wotcherscamp ...YEAH TOAST!! XD #
- 19:01 Dangit, who ate the tape... #
- 20:27 Checking out WoW... Huh. Latency's 1489, and yet I'm doin alright... #
- 20:35 @Pride1G sure ya do -..- whatever ya wanna think. #
- 21:05 Q:What are those weird pac-man ghost things on... A:Those are my jellies :) Which, is where ther... formspring.me/Yaviel/q/514546875 #
- 21:08 @Pride1G *sigh* alright...I'll bite. What the hell are you talking about? #
- 21:10 Q:If you could make one person fall in love wi... A:I wouldn't do that to someone. It's callous ... formspring.me/Yaviel/q/514571622 #
- 21:12 I can't get An Páistín Fionn outta my head....I keep singing it -..- #
- 21:16 OMG, I have GOT to play something else >..< this is gonna drive me nuts. #
- 21:20 @wotcherscamp Oh yeah. I got it all and it was awesome. I've been staring at it all day trying to figure out how to put it in the frame o..o #
- 21:21 ....I don't know if Green Grow The Rushes Oh is a great idea to get the other song outta my head...but boy, do I love it. :D #
- 21:28 For you so grave you sneer at this,
You're no but senseless asses, oh,
The wisest man the world e'er saw,
Dearly loved the lassies, oh
- 21:30 @wotcherscamp Yeah, I put it on my iPod right away. That's some pretty elite music o..o #
- 21:31 oh no... oh no >..< Not The Water Is Wide... I have to listen to it when it plays but I cry like a baby ;_; #
- 21:35 I leaned my back against an oak
Thinking it was the strongest tree
But first it bent and then it broke
And that's the way love treated me #
- 22:09 @wotcherscamp dont know why, but numbers 10 and 15 aren't playing or ripping o..o #
- 22:11 @wotcherscamp zip file would work fine :) And, nope they wont play at all :| #
- 22:19 Not surprising, I love Song of Moonlight x3 #
- 22:20 @wotcherscamp most of them are. #
- 22:23 Aaand my internet hates me -..- I should be used to this. #
- 22:24 @Davlenagain aka, the OMFG theme song :3 #
- 22:25 Death Waltz - o..o creeee~py. #
- 22:26 @Davlenagain ...ok, correction. The Davlen OMFG theme. #
- 22:31 OMG, Reiko sent me pics of the baby! :D #
- 22:33 ...of course, it's just an ultrasound...but that's hardly the point. #
- 22:35 @wotcherscamp wait... Elyos...uh...that's the good guys that we want to kill, right?? #
- 22:45 @wotcherscamp It worked! :D took a bit of tweaking, but I got 'em. #
- 22:59 Dang. I gotta go to bed. Night all! #
- 23:20 PS: Dante Basco is an awesome name... #
- 23:34 Also, watching Dee Bradley Baker voice Momo is perhaps one of the most entertaining and slightly frightening thing I've ever seen x3 #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter