I wouldn't say that I'm an artist by any means. Sure, I can get creative and all, but since I don't paint or draw I don't see myself as artsy. Still, I love taking pictures. Not of myself of course -..-' But I love to take photos of flowers, landscapes, the sky, people, events, anything and everything :) So maybe I'm a tad on the artsy side, but I still wouldn't call myself artistic.
But lately, I've been wanting to take some of my photos and actually print them onto canvas. Of course, then it occurred to me that if I'm gonna do that, I need to figure out some way to put my signature on the photo… even if it's just my initials. That's just something that stamps the pic and says, 'yeah, this one's mine :)'. I wouldn't say that I'm a glory hog or territorial, but I know that people will think nothing of stamping their name on another person's work, and that infuriates me.
Still. I'm not even sure about ordering prints on canvas. I've googles "Photoes"+"Canvas" and several services popped up. One place that I really like is Canvas Pop, just because they have a nice ordering process, and they allow you to see the work in space. Plus they let you specify unique measurements for your canvas. If you want a print that's 5x9 then go ahead and put that in and they'll print it for you. They are a tad on the expensive side tho…but I kinda expected that. Print Your Life is pretty cool too, but I find the only thing I like about their service is in their gallery under Grunge… It's just an intestine style. It's also interesting that they'll Avatar a pic of you… I should tell Jessica about that ^..^ Canvas on Demand isn't too bad of a place either….they allow custom measurements as well …and from what I can tell, they have Ty Pennington as a sponsor o..o Oh and lastly there's Photogonia,which offers a bunch of things other than just photo prints and canvas stuffs… there's like, tile sets and puzzles and keepsake boxes. All sorts of stuff.
…and with all that, is it any wonder I feel mixed about? I mean, there are so many options, I'm just not sure what to pick. I get so caught up in looking at options, that I forget entirely that I still am not sure about that whole signature thing -..-' I'm gonna try just scanning my signature into my computer as an image and then opening my photos with Corel Draw and placing the signature over a corner… see if that works.
The reason most of this quandary started is because Mom's birthday is coming up (Sept. 2 :3), and she mentioned a while back that she'd like to get three pictures of mine from Spring, Autumn and Winter and put them over her fire place. So, I wanna go over there and measure how high all those pictures would be (obviously they'd all be landscape style photos :]) and then choose three of my best prints.
…so that's my latest project. Not sure how far I'll get in it today, but I am working on that signature thing for right now… and gathering up prices on the websites that I'm looking at. o..o other than that, I really don't know what else to do until I'm actually ready to order so..yah.
I guess that's all for now. I'll write later, Sunshines :)
You Should Travel to India
You're a passionate, gusty traveler - and India's gritty urban centers won't scare you away.
Maybe you'll take in the Taj Mahal, eat the best curry of your life, or attend a huge street festival.
- 00:19 Q:Are you a lesbian A:No way. Women are crazy -..- 4ms.me/aAMe0i #
- 08:33 Off to the air port to drop off Dad ; ( #
- 12:16 Just got 6 things at Bath & Body Works, and then Mom and I had sushi x3 Happy Bunny! #
- 12:19 Usually I like white or pink cherry blossom and velvet tuberose, but I ended up getting 4 other scents I hadn't tried :) #
- 13:37 @Umamor1 Ding!Grats :D #
- 13:42 My Dad is in Atlanta. #
- 13:49 The Movie Gallery is having a Everything Must Go Close Out Sale <..< #
- 14:10 Home. Oh, S3 Disc2 Avatar The Last Airbender :D #ThankYouNetflix #
- 16:43 Listening to the commentary on Episode 10- The day of black sun pt1, and omg the hilarity! xD #
- 17:42 Q:What do you enjoy more? Fried chicken or a Chicken Fri... A:If there is milk gravy, then chicken fried steak... ot... 4ms.me/9CseAv #
- 18:12 Balancing my checkbook :) #
- 18:12 oh...yeah... #
- 18:12 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHNNY DEPP!!!!! XD #
- 18:13 Oh...whadayaknow...today, in 2005, I stopped working at the Palace :) #
- 21:37 OMG, my brain o..O it is broken -- MORTAL KOMBAT youtu.be/9_MqZn7E-mk #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter
- 11:29 @wotcherscamp ...uh... it's good to teach kids the important things early -..- I hope you have soap in the house. #
- 12:17 Another chat with Reiko x3 My godson's name will be Owen :D #
- 12:28 Off to deposite coin and clean the church :) #
- 12:36 @wotcherscamp she was hoping for a girl. It's a boy, so it changed from Olivia to Owen...and I gotta say, Owen owns :D #
- 13:44 Home. Covered in sweat. Gonna shower with Cross Faction :) #
- 14:38 Went to FaceBook to look at @wotercherscamp's picture she's been talking about and got distracted by Treasure Isle... o..o' #
- 15:00 @wotcherscamp I know! I'm at a bit of a block because I need more red gems -..-' #
- 15:01 @wotcherscamp <..< I have an elephant too :D I adopted yours! He was so cute! #
- 15:25 This is really a very tiny flower cluster, but my camera's really good at close ups :) dailybooth.com/u/32wpp #
- 15:27 Q:What one thing are you exceptionally good at? A:I have the gift of gab .... formspring.me/Yaviel/q/609563082 #
- 15:29 I'm so POed -..- I have iMovie and iDVD on my mac, but I can't use either >..<' #
- 15:29 iMovie evidently requires G5 or an intel processor...and I evidently don't have it. #
- 15:30 And I can tinker with iDVD all I want, but this mac doesn't have a DVD burner, so it does little good <..< #
- 15:31 le sigh....ok. It's time for MM's sugar break ;_; #
- 15:48 Watching X-Files: I Want to Believe again... #
- 16:07 Oh man...now that I've stopped moving, I feel horrible =..= #
- 16:21 @Umamor1 o..o so am I. #
- 16:29 @Umamor1 uh... because otherwise you wouldn't be able to get on the train o..o #
- 16:36 @wotcherscamp I know, right?! #
- 18:03 Logging in to test WoW and latency is OVER 9000! ... x3 that shouldn't be funny. #
- 18:20 Wait a second... where'd this Night Elf Mohawk NPC come from O..o' #
- 18:21 .... LOL XD #
- 20:52 Q:What is or was your favorite thing about sch... A:I think I liked the routine and the possibil... formspring.me/Yaviel/q/611074891 #
- 21:18 Q:If you had to choose between eating a worm o... A:...well, I'd eat 'cooked' human flesh before... formspring.me/Yaviel/q/611188285 #
- 22:36 I'm a little tea pot short & stout, here is my handle, here is my handle-DAMN I'm a sugar bowl! #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter
- 09:48 Anyone ever wake up, but lay in bed for 45 minutes. Not really sleeping, just comfy... and telling yourself 'yeah. I'll get up in a min.' #
- 11:03 @Umamor1 A vain attempt to look older? #
- 11:11 @Umamor1 Yeah. I'm 10 years older than you, and I didn't wear make up till I started working. Even now, it's more of a chore to wear it. #
- 11:18 @DJTimeKiller <..< ....guy liner? #
- 11:20 @Umamor1 Yeah I have sensitive skin, so I don't really like it. But I've always seen it as a vanity. It reminds me of Susan Pevensie -..- #
- 11:20 @DJTimeKiller Oooooh. Ok. Sometimes it's difficult to tell :) #
- 11:21 @Davlenagain ^..^ squee #
- 11:22 @DJTimeKiller Well, @Umamor1, @Davlenagain and I are all talking about make up -..- so...uh... #
- 12:16 AAARRGGH! #
- 12:19 My computer is taunting me! It takes 2 minutes to load anything, and 2 minutes to process any changes! #
- 12:20 I get to where I'm almost done editing this video, and the program SHUTS DOWN! #
- 12:23 And dont even try running 2 programs at once! Is thir more a problem with the computer's memory?... #
- 12:28 @wotcherscamp Yeah, like last week I did a full Scan Disk and Disk Defrag thing -..- #
- 12:29 @Davlenagain I'm about to buy a external hard drive... I'm hoping that will help. #
- 12:31 @Davlenagain ... that sounds serious... o..o #
- 12:32 @wotcherscamp According to Window's Defender, everything is as it should be.. #
- 12:34 @Davlenagain ... thermal pasta... it's what's for dinner :3 #
- 12:35 @wotcherscamp Well, this computer is... what? 8 or 9 years old? #
- 12:36 @Umamor1 LOL! XD #
- 12:37 @wotcherscamp Well, I'm about to buy an external hard drive, so that may help with the storage and everything. #
- 12:40 We're not laughing AT you, @Davlenagain, We're laughing WITH you... you're just...not laughing :3 #
- 12:45 @Davlenagain o..o Disclaimer: No seagulls or fish were harmed during this production :) #
- 12:47 My Dad just gave me $400 o..o He didn't say why, all he said was that it was from what he made going to school for his company.... #
- 12:47 My parents are so awesome :D #
- 12:48 @Davlenagain Coolness :) ... If I can get skype and my computer back on speaking therms <..< #
- 12:54 @wotcherscamp.... the hail? #
- 12:55 @wotcherscamp <..< Can I quote you on that? #
- 12:57 @wotcherscamp ...hold. Devil's. Pot of tea, Mulan! My milkshake! #
- 13:00 Santa's Willis! Willis! Willis! Hold! Devil's! Pot of tea! Mulan! #
- 13:02 Pass! Young Grown Sam! Sam! Is A fine green shit! #
- 13:03 @Umamor1 X3 sorry! It's the missheard lyrics from God of War 2... bit.ly/bB7hjB . My Cousin and I are geeking out :D #
- 13:04 @wotcherscamp Mwhahaha :3 #
- 13:17 OK. I can't fool with this editing any more. I actually still have work to do -..- #
- 13:41 At church. Finishing the cleaning. #
- 16:15 Home and Editing :) #
- 17:17 Finally done editing -..- Now I just need to make it into a movie and post it to YouTube :) #
- 17:30 @strixus um... er...what to say..oh hell... #omfg -..- #
- 17:32 @Davlenagain Interesting? Not like the 'oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die' variation, right? o..o #
- 17:35 @Umamor1 I only get to listen to them when I shower, or when I'm traveling a long way... #
- 17:38 @Umamor1 If every you get a player and you can, don't ever tell anyone that you do -..- #
- 17:41 @Pride1G That'll be the gorram day <..< #
- 17:42 @Umamor1 Nah, thanks. I have swords. #
- 17:42 @Umamor1 o..o ouch #
- 17:45 @Umamor1 More than likely -..- We tend to do that when someone draws agro... #
- 17:47 @Umamor1 Hm... @Davlenagain, is there a difference between a good Twitter war and a bad Twitter war? #
- 18:00 ARGH! Why doesn't it loop the background music even though I set it to loop! During the production it's looping, but not during the video!! #
- 18:06 @mr_nnj .... certainly said situation warrants a more volatile reaction o..o #
- 18:06 @Pride1G ...it looks sinfully good... #
- 18:08 @DJTimeKiller ....quoi? #
- 18:20 @mr_nnj all that for a false alarm? Geeze -..- #
- 22:14 @Davlenagain Wish I could join you. I'm stuck celebrating the old fashion way. #
- 22:15 @Umamor1 NIGHT! :D #
- 22:20 Well after service tomorrow we'll be having lunch with the partor and his wife at there house. #
- 22:22 I've been told to bring a change of clothes and my laptop... We'll be there a while if that's any indication. #
- 22:25 @Umamor1 <..< make one little mistake when you're half asleep and the pills are kicking in, and everyone lets you know. #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter
- 23:45 Dragoncon...yet another dream of dreams :) #
- 23:47 @strixus I would...were it not for the distinct lack of funds. #
- 23:54 OMG HE SAID HIS NAME D: #
- 23:54 @Pride1G ...for some reason, I keep thinking that's kinda hot... #
- 23:58 @Pride1G what, what? #
- 23:59 @Pride1G Oh that. You know, just a chick in a guys clothes... like wearing only the over-sized t-shirt. That's hot. #
- 00:01 @strixus tentacle butter...it's magically delicious :3 #
- 00:06 .... I'm starving -..- #
- 00:07 @Davlenagain :) I'm enjoying your afterwork too. #
- 00:12 <..< what's 173? #
- 00:15 @Pride1G gtfo <..< creep -..- #
- 00:16 @Umamor1 Really? because I wanna go right now >..< #
- 00:17 @Pride1G 126 #
- 00:18 96 #
- 00:19 roflmao 201!!!! #
- 00:20 151...omg wut #
- 00:22 @strixus = WIN XD #
- 00:23 OMG, 197 :3 #
- 00:24 224 #
- 00:24 232 O..O #
- 00:25 -..- this is insanity... #
- 00:26 @Davlenagain, @Pride1G, @ShinnodaDude, @strixus you guys are like internet radio crack! >..< it's a problem here... #
- 00:29 @Davlenagain Thank you, Davlen :D #
- 00:30 wtf religion was that? O..o' #
- 00:30 I'm sure I'd like 17 too -..-' #
- 00:31 26 #
- 00:31 o..o 31.... #
- 00:35 @Umamor1 Yes o..o #
- 00:38 @ShinnodaDude ...don't you ever embarrass us like that again -..- #
- 00:41 @Pride1G akshly I have no idea what you're talking about. #
- 00:42 I need foods....and sleep...but I should shower first... #
- 00:44 @Pride1G What are you the Flash? Srsly, you know there's a terrible stigma with being 'the fastest man alive' right? :3 #
- 00:46 @Davlenagain Goodnight :) #
- 00:48 Hmm no more EoRP shows that're new... what to listen to.. #
- 11:13 =..= mornin' #
- 11:29 In which MsMoon Cries like a baby ;_; -- 1 Church Movie Night - The Passion of the Christ youtu.be/EgKQUdTDyFc #
- 11:45 @Umamor1 hehehe... 'almost pulled a @pride1g' sounds like describing some sort of pulled muscle :3 #
- 11:47 I liked a YouTube video -- The Eleventh Doctor: Reviewed youtu.be/0Lh-Z1uGGDA?a #
- 11:53 I liked a YouTube video -- The Muppets: Stand By Me youtu.be/zCRUPWDIgYM?a #
- 11:56 I favorited a YouTube video -- The Muppets: Stand By Me youtu.be/zCRUPWDIgYM?a #
- 11:57 I liked a YouTube video -- Back Scratch Kitteh youtu.be/RxsKBdL0ERQ?a #
- 11:57 @Davlenagain *squeee* I can has influence :D #
- 11:59 @Davlenagain I know! Right? I love the Muppets, and I'm looking through them all and ...holy cow! There's a ton of them XD #
- 12:07 Best Rick Roll EVER :3 (YouTube youtu.be/3KANI2dpXLw?a) #
- 12:10 I liked a YouTube video -- The Muppets: Ringing of the Bells youtu.be/ysIzPF3BfpQ?a #
- 12:11 I liked a YouTube video -- The Muppets: Bohemian Rhapsody youtu.be/tgbNymZ7vqY?a #
- 12:12 -..- Mom just called. Now I gotta do stuff... #
- 12:17 @Davlenagain O..O I What?? Why! #
- 12:19 @Umamor1 ..... Waiting to see if @Pirde1G or @ShinnodaDude are awake... #
- 12:21 Yes, @ShinnodaDude. I'm vibrating @Umamor1's ass. #
- 12:24 @Davlenagain And we appreciate that :) #
- 12:30 @Davlenagain Wait... where do you see that I've been banned o..o Which video? #
- 12:32 @Davlenagain ...that's weird, because it loaded for me just now. #
- 12:36 @Davlenagain @Umamor1 weird. Guess I'll have to take it down -..- #
- 12:51 My parents are selling chocolate eggs at a grocery store in town. So I'm going to go buy them some lunch. #
- 13:50 Home. Still feeling terrible though... #
- 13:51 Working on re-editing last night's video =..= Wonder if Flyleaf would be more generous... #
- 14:24 nomnomnom orange nomnomnom. #
- 14:46 @Pride1G ...doesn't everyone? :) #
- 14:50 @Pride1G Really? That's awesome. I always end up buying music unless someone's nice enough to share :) #
- 14:54 ....I should...like...be doing stuff... *_* but I needz energy for that... #
- 14:56 @RyanSeacrest That's the funniest thing ever :D #
- 15:03 @Pride1G Apparently *snort-laugh* #
- 15:03 ...That's it. I gotta at least go and clean part of the church -..- #
- 15:21 It's most unsettling to get messages from Twitter while I'm driving -..- #
- 15:24 At church, about to clean. Should I listen to music or a podcast...? #
- 15:57 K. OMW home. #
- 16:12 < is Nazarene :) So, we has no mass, @Umamor1 #
- 16:12 Let's see if my internet decides to be kinda and allow me to listen to the Council of Six ... #
- 16:14 @Umamor1 Yeah. Church of the Nazarene :) Protestant. Something like Assembly of God and Pentecostals. #
- 16:15 @ShinnodaDude I'm buffing every now and then...but for the most part... I seem to be able to tune in :D #
- 20:35 Just got back from family dinner. Maybe I'll hop on Nos. #
- 20:39 @wotcherscamp ...wait, what? #
- 20:43 @wotcherscamp ohh. I read that and I think my heart stopped a little. #
- 20:47 @wotcherscamp so other than freaking out your fiancee, what're you up to? #
- 20:48 @wotcherscamp joy. #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter
- 09:44 =_= just peeled myself outta bed. #
- 10:51 Been walkin about... Thinkin I should eat something though. #
- 10:53 ... The problem is, I don't really want anything even though I am hungry... #
- 11:00 Hm. Well best to just not fight it :3 #
- 11:38 Anyone wanna guess where I had breakfast? Scamp, if you get this wrong, you fail ^..^ #
- 11:47 @wotcherscamp 1,000 points to the cousin who knows me best :) #
- 11:59 I just showed considerable restraint! I went in Books A Million and didn't get any of the Warcraft manga :D #
- 12:01 ... not that it stopped me from buying Night of the Dragon and Stormrage... :\ #
- 12:42 @wotcherscamp You should totally go! And tell me if it's good or not :) #
- 13:02 Just discovered status shuffle on FaceBook. #
- 19:40 @Umamor1 Great job! And algebrah doesn't count! Because it's evil :D #
- 19:44 @Umamor1 Maybe, but just because a person likes something doesn't mean it isn't evil. #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter
- 11:56 I've long since finished my second cup of coffee...why am I still sitting around? #
- 12:54 Ok. Checks are deposited...and due to Mako-kun needing a new cord, half of that is gone -_- That's life, ya? #
- 13:04 @Davlenagain So they tell me :) there's no use pouting over it either way. #
- 13:06 Cleaning the church now. #
- 14:10 ... I just finished cleaning the Sanctuary ...and I realized I was listen to EoRP the whole time... Is that weird? #
- 14:29 Finished v..v #
- 16:24 hmm.... I wonder if I could possibly try to upload my YouTube stuff from AMOS now that the connection is more secure...even if it is slow. #
- 21:39 Home from church and uploading. We'll see if Amos can handle it... It should only take ... 6 hours -_- #
- 21:42 ... I want corndogs... >..< #
- 21:44 For some odd reason, Mako-kun won't get on the internet... O..o #
- 21:51 Nevermind about the video -_- already failed twice and got kicked off the internet... #
- 23:35 =..= I'm so sick of this internet drama #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter
…I’d really like to get a webcam.
I’ve mentioned it to a few people (2 people to be precise)...and they didn’t seem overly adverse to the idea. I mean, I made myself a You Tube account and all, but I had been mulling over the idea for quite a while. The problem is that I’ve really been thinking about it. I mean, if I spend this money on it, then I want to use it and all. So...I thought, ‘what do most people with a web cam…do?’ For the most part, they either vlog, goof off, or specialize in something. I really…don’t know much about doing any of those. I tweet as means of blogging lately, I dunno if goofing off on webcam, while I’m all alone in my house would be enjoyable, and God knows I specialize in nothing (nata, zip, bubkis).
But I can talk about things that I love. My fandoms are vast and varied. It would be very easy for me to go on about them. And who knows, it might be enjoyable to talk about what I love and why I love it :) So, if ever that dream of getting a webcam does actually come through, at least I have an idea of what I could talk about. Either way, I do think it’d be a fun way for my friends (now separated by vast distance) to see me and my incorrigible self :D So it might be worth having...
Of course, I have to fix this on-again-off-again internet here. Seriously. I had no internet on AMOS for months and then, it’s on…but not all the time. Right now it says the signal strength is good, but that doesn’t mean it won’t go any time. Whenever we actually get around to taking Mako into the shop, I’m going to have to ask about repeaters or whatever it takes to actually get this working.
In Totally Unrelated News, I just discovered WoW Radio... and I’ve subscribed to the pod cast of ‘But Wait! There’s Lore!’ which, to my understanding, goes through all the lore in detail :) Not that I need an extra excuse to nerd out, but I really do live for this stuff.
…Yeah. I got nothing else really. I’m gonna check on my downloads and maybe leave AMOS on to make sure they get downloaded and all. But I’m calling it a night. TTYL, Sunshines :)
You Should Be a Puppeteer
You are an entertainer - pure and simple.
You know how to engage an audience. You are a natural storyteller.
You are naturally dramatic, even when life doesn't call for drama.
Luckily though, you save most of your drama for your stellar performances.
srsly? wtf -..-'
We're having another lock-in, zomg what are we thinking!!
...we volunteered for this. Geeze. -..-
So. Yesterday, we had Sunday morning service and like always, we sat in the Youth room. For some odd reason our Young Adult class has totally dissolved (mostly because I teacher either never shows up or is always late), and since Alicia and I have taken the reigns of the Youth class, we choose to sit in the Youth Sunday School .... and besides, they have really comfy couches in there :) So, like always, we're there for sunday school. And it turned into a youth meeting more than a sunday school class.
There's this thing called Naz Night... it's a social function that's thrown at Six Flags in Dallas, TX. So, there's a Friday night when only Nazarene kids in LA, TX and AR get to go to Six Flags exclusively. Of course, the boys would like to do it. Unfortunately it's in October, and we've already almost zeroed out the Youth account with our trips and everything. So there's no way we could raise enough money to get tickets, and then have left over for food, gas and hotel and all that. So... yeah, we won't be going to Naz Night and that sorta disappointed the boys. But we have decided to try doing it next year... so...yeah, that should be interesting.
But! The boys got really excited, and said they wanted to do another lock-in before school started. Alicia was dead-set against it, but I kinda figured... what's one more night without sleep? So, I was like, 'I don't see why not...' BEFORE I realized that school starts on the 19th of this month =..= So, yeah, we're gonna be having a Lock-In on the 14th. So! We've decided to have a lock-in and invite the Berryville church youth. We unanimously decided against ordering pizza again. We're gonna buy burger patties and hot dogs and Alicia's gonna bring her portable grill and we'll just have hot dogs and burgers. They're more filling.
Other than that, we've pretty much decided no PS2/3 games, and we'll be starting later.... At some point, capture the flag will be played. Other than that... I'm fairly sure the schedule is still up in the air. We'll both be printing off our movie lists (again) and taking nominations.
Oh, and also, I was telling Alicia that I wish we had a peg board for the youth. Just something to put a calendar up on and pictures and stuff that really shows it's the Youth's room. So she said we'd talk to Bro. Sam about it. But then... when we went to church yesterday, I noticed... there is a large peg board in the youth room, but it's on the opposite side of the room behind the door, and it was covered in preschool things. I mean, seriously... it all look like the type of stuff you'd see in grade school or something. So, I asked if it was ok that we just use that one. The answer was a yes, that was what it was there for in the first place. The person who'd decorated it originally was Terri, the last youth 'leader'.
So! I ripped everything off that board! :D Then, last night, I brought the poster board, and some sharpies, along with an enormous desk calendar and the print outs I did for the Youth attendance and points and a folder to keep all the loose paperwork in. I didn't have any tacks or anything, but luckily the church did, so we used that and put what we could up - the calendar, a few bulletins, etc. We gave each family (all 2 of them -..-) a sharpie color, and we designated a few extra colors for the Berryville church, birthdays and important events. Then we cut part of the poster long ways, using the black sharpie to divide different sections... then we pinned that to the peg board loosely, and hung the sharpies up on the board.
Then, we went to Wal-Mart and we bought some card-stock and those picture hanging strips that stick to the wall and the photo and all but come of cleanly.... We figured we can move the board to the front and center of the room. Alicia asked me to bring my laptop, so I did. And she brought her jump drive and hijacked all the pictures I've taken of the youth so far.... evidenlty she has a picture printer or something. So, she's gonna print out some of the good pictures for us to put up on the board :) Since I have two of those wave light cutter things for my scrap-booking, I've decided to go ahead and donate the second one to our purposes.
She said that we'd get together tomorrow and go to the church to visit the board again....but...I dunno, I think we could just show up early Wednesday.../shrug. But, she said she'd come and pick me up and we'd head to church to see about it. Then we'd head back to my place and hang out. So... we have a plan! Mwaha :)
I suppose that's all for now. Mom and I are about to go head and eat supper. She made loaded potato soup :) yum. I'll type later, Sunshines.
Your Defense Mechanism is Humor
When life gets you down, you just have to laugh. And that's a very healthy reaction.
It's not that you don't take your problems seriously. You do. You just don't let them control you.
You are able to make the best of things, even when things look very, very bleak.
Some people may consider your sense of humor to be dark, but it has served you well!
I am so extraordinarily happy right now. So, I've just been popping about on the net, right? Trying to distract myself and keep myself awake so that I don't sleep the day away and can't sleep tonight. I'll give a full report of the youth lock-in later, but right now, I have to share my joy.
So, I subscribe to this catalog called Pyramid Collection right? It's a cool, diverse shop that I happened to get... I think from my cousin... and I've just enjoyed getting it ever since. In particular, there are some painting that I've been absolutely besotted with since I first saw them. Unfortunately, these paintings are sold for $70...each. So, I automatically ruled actually owning these paintings out, due to the fact that there will probably never be a point in my life when I can spend so much money for one piece of artwork.
But, I really couldn't get these art prints out of my head, and I thought it might be worth it to check around under the artist's name to see if he sells a smaller version of the print for less.
The artist's name is David Delamare, and when I went to his official site, I saw the same prints that were in PC, sold for $22. @..@' $22! ZO!M!G!!! I was so ecstatic! And, yes, I'm still not able to just up-and-buy these without a job or anything, but knowing that they aren't out of my reach has just made me so happy!
...and that's really all I can focus on right now. I'm so out of it from the screwed up sleep schedule =..= At least I managed to get some sleep today. Oh well. I'll write later, Sunshines :)
You Should Be a Poet
You have a way with words... and a talent for drawing the pure emotions out of experiences.
Your poetry has the potential to make people laugh and cry at the same time. You just need to write it!
…um, yeah, so why isn’t ‘Author’ up there >..>
OK, I just have to say it. I've been watching what I can of Boys over Flowers over on animesquish, right? I said that in my last actual post. It's pixilated and the time isn't always right, but it's there for free, so I'm not complaining. Well, I got curious, and searched for the DVD box set on Amazon.com... just to price it, right? Well, there really isn't a box set on Amazon, that I'm seeing. It's just a few individual volumes. So, I went and checked on my newest hope of hopes, Shop Anime DVD......Z.O.M.G. They have the Hana Yori Dango box set for $38.95... $38.95!! That's like, a whole new level of anime promises here! Suddenly crack looks more expensive O..O' I'm suddenly very anxious to hear from Scamp about her purchase from this dealer. If it turns out that there wares are just as good as buying from Amazon... I'm DEFINITELY going to be buying some things here. And Hana Yori Dango may just be the first series that I buy ^..^
OK, there’s a ton of stuff on this web site that I’m intereted in. Aside from the aformentioned HYD, I’d be very interested in...
- Of course, there’s the PGSM box set.
- annnd the PGSM OVA’s.
- The Gundam Wing Box Set, because mine isn’t as good as I had hoped.
- The Tenchi in Tokyo box set, because my Tenchi collection won’t be complete without it.
- Of course, I want Studio Ghibli 14 Movies pack, because it’s a steal and I <3 Miyazaki.
....of course, this is just the first glance review. If I broke it down and really started hutning for stuff, who knows what I might find!
oooh, holy crap. I really need a job....@..@ yara yara... so depressing -..-
I can’t think of anything else...really can’t... Later, Sunshines :)
You Are Chips and Salsa
You are energetic and a real go getter. You can even be aggressive at times.
You love taking risks and taking the rewards. You are a true daredevil.
You can be a bit greedy in life, and you go after what you want.
You are courageous and edgy. You will do what others are afraid of.
P.S. Oh yeah, Scamp, my cousin, worked on VBS for her mom-in-law... this simple fact always cracks me up for some really weird reason :3
Soooo, our favorite local chinese place is Dragon King right? I mean, the food is good, it's very cheap, plus, they have mongolian grill AND sushi....you can't ask for much more in a town like this. Of course, most all of the food they make is good, but last time we went I snatched a take-out menu to see what all they offered.
Their sushi section is actually pretty nice. I mean, it's no Zen, but I called to ask which rolls were raw and which were cooked. The most pricey item on the sushi menu is $7.95... well, at least for cooked sushi :) Mom and I are planning to go Sunday, and she always gets the mongolian grill. She loves that stuff. So, I told her she can get mongolian, but I'm going to ask for sushi this time around. Who knows, they might actually have decent sushi in this very town. Who'm I to be a snob about it being at a Chinese restaurant? :D Aaaand, if I try out their sushi and get a good idea of what's what, then maybe when Bear and Scamp drive by for lunch, I can have sushi, fried rice and lo mein (I can cook lo mein and fried rice, but I'm not great with the sushi yet -..- soon...very soon).
Oh, and there's this awesome book on Amazon.com; it's called Sushi Making at Home. I'm thinking of getting two.... one for me and one for Scamp....and...I suppose, by extension, it'd also be for Brian as well O..o yay for the Sushi Enthusiast in the family :D I don't know when I'll get it, because...well, duh, money's tight now, but I will be getting it along with that Sushi Magic Kit .... guess that kinda gives away what presents are going to be for this year, but oh well. Anticipation is just as good as Surprise, I suppose :)
Hm... speaking of presents, Reiko still hasn't called me about getting hers and it should've come in yesterday... >..> /glares at UPS.
In other (non related) news, Mom and I are going to see X-men Origins: Wolverine tonight....I'm telling myself not to expect much, and yet somehow I'm still anxious. Oh well.
I'm being entirely too lazy. It's beautiful out and I haven't even poked my toes outside. I'm gonna go swing. Talk to ya later, Sunshines :)
You Were Born into the Water Element
You are an open, receptive person who values communication. You believe in staying flexible.
You are thoughtful and philosophical. You are still trying to figure out the meaning of your life.
You have to watch out for your own judgments. You often change your mind, and you should avoid clinging to dogma.
You are calm and passive. You don't rush to make things happen in your life. You accept things as they are.
Ok, so the two biggest things that could possibly happen have happened. Admittedly, one of them really didn't happen so much to me, but someone close to me, but it affects me, so it still counts!
Yesterday, Dad had some guys out here checking to see how much it'd be to dig a septic tank for my new trailer. We wanted an estimate of his prices and what all it included. I also went about applying for jobs as much as I could. But, since Mom and Dad had run the roads mostly, I decided to finish the laundry and mind the soup Mom had started. So it was kinda a slow day (made chocolate chip caramel filled cookies and they were awesome too :3). And today, I get up and Dad says the guys for the septic tank are already out there digging. O..o They needed soil samples.
So, Dad decides that now's a great time to go and buy my trailer, which is fine with me. I mean, heck, that's one step closer to actually getting moved and settled and all. So we head over there, double-check I've got the right one in mind and all, and talk with the guy. They're having a sale now where they pay the sales tax, which is awesome, because it's like $3,000 cheaper (which is good because the septic tank/water system will cost about $4,000 D:). Of course, they have to come out and survey the land and make sure it's properly level and all that jazz.
Oh, and I have the title for the trailer :) So, it's kinda mine now. The contract for it has been signed and all, it's just a matter of the time it'll take to get everything prepared for it to be put in here all proper. Anyway!
So the guys follow us back and start talking location and what they'll need to do with the bulldozer he has and all....and....then he says "We can have the trailer out here tomorrow, if you'd like." O..O I mean... we still have to put in the power lines, put in the septic tank, the water pipes, and let's not forget pouring concrete for a foundation...how could they possibly get the trailer in so soon? I mean, I know it wouldn't be hooked up, but would it be safe? I'm soooo confused. I assume that if they put the trailer in here tomorrow, it'll just be...here...on the land....but not livable. I know they won't have the power lines and water pipes all hooked up any time soon, so... It's...it's...../grin. Inconceivable!
/tries to breath properly. Oh! And...there's the other thing.
So, My phone died yesterday. I heard it's pathetic cries for help a little late, as the battery was flashing red by the time I turned it off -..- But, my Twin sent me a message while my phone was charging and it simply said "Call me :D". Of course...I didn't really get it till this afternoon because my phone's been charging since yesterday afternoon. So, I call her, but she's busy at work, so she has to call me back. When she does she announces that she's engaged! Aaaaand she wants me to be her maid of honor!! O..O Zomg! So much is happening all at once! I asked you know, how they were planning to do this, because her last marriage was Justice of the Peace style, and she said she doesn't want that. I assume it won't be a huge ceremony, just us important people there :D But, since it only happened yesterday, she really has nothing absolutely planned. If her beau deploys (he's in the National Guard) in January 2010, then they'll be having the ceremony this year, but if not, it might be next year. She did say that she hopes to have the dresses through some popular chain store so that I can get fitted for my dress locally instead of having to drive ...which, I'll be eternally grateful for. She also isn't sure about the etiquette of such things...I mean, I paid for my bridesmaid dress with Reiko, but that's more because it was assumed that I would, because I knew she'd never be able to afford it. She's wondering if she could manage dresses that are more ...wearable. I mean, I'm never wearing my bridesmaid dress from Reiko's wedding ever...ever...again. So, she's hoping it'll be a style that would be more practical. Gosh, we have to think of so many things now. This is the second maid of honor for me o..o By the time Scamp or Chibi decides to get hitched, I really should be good at this -..- Lord knows, I may never be good at having bachelorette parties (my idea of the perfect bachelorette party includes coffee/chocolate milkshakes and watching Supernatural and old school anime :D)..but, at least I know some things to expect... color schemes, photos, church, rehersals, reception, etc. /sigh. Always a bridesmaid...
Oh, and we got to dial back from the excited giggles of her upcoming nuptials and switch on to subjects that we are well-versed in and as such have better opinions of. Like anime. I told her I'd actually bought the first season of Bleach. She said that while she enjoyed the Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle manga, the anime is so cheesy you can't really enjoy it unless you make fun of it. She did say that Death Note was pretty awesome.... I think there was another one she mentioned... Oh! Duh, Naruto. I remember she said that Death Note was awesome... don't remember what was said about Naruto...We talked about the new season of Slayers too, which is so exciting. I have all the other seasons on DVD and I obsessed/fan-girled over them a lot...so, new stuff to squee over :) Oh well. Anybody else have any anime fandoms they enjoy? The only thing I'm curious to see is the new live-action Sailor Moon...I think it'd be hilarious ^..^
This all really boils right back to....I need a job ;_; srsly. There's houses to be paid for, weddings to attend and ...anime to buy! So yeah, I need to get a job..soon...so that I can take off and do stuffs :D ...Comfortably >..>
Oh well. I'm sorta kinda keyed down now...which is good because the activity happening all so fast and all being so epic was giving me a huge head/stomach ache >..<
That's all for now (as if buying/owning houses and tying souls together isn't enough). I'll write later, Sunshines :)
You Are Ceramics
You are open to the world and it's possibilities. You are able to start something without knowing how it will end.
You trust your intuition above everything else. Going with your gut often works out.
You believe that every day objects can and should be art.
The best art allows ordinary life to be more stylish and beautiful.
Ok...just so everyone is clear, I did buy the Paladin and Rogue shirts from J!NX.... I also got the Blood Elf Sticker (come on, they’re $1.99). I’m thinking of putting the Belf (belf = blood elf) sticker on my laptop....I’m not sure, ‘cause I’m afraid it’ll look tacky, but when I usually see people with stickers on their laptops I think it’s personalised specifically to them so....I’m seriously thinking of it...just to personalise it...ya know? But, I used my coupon and I have new clothes coming in. Yay me.
I also got notified from Target that Twilight is coming in soon too :) Yays. Aaaand Mom has decided to try reading Twilight. I told her that after she reads the first book, she can stop or go on or whatever she wants...but I really would like it if she read the book. We’ll have to see ^..^
Oh well. Pills are seriously kicking in. G’night, Sunshines.
You Are Facebook
You are social, outgoing, and excited to connect to your friends.
You are interested in your friends' lives, and you enjoy adding your opinion to the mix.
While you enjoy sharing online, you don't want everyone to know your business.
You value your privacy. Your life is an open book to those you know but not to strangers.
Ya darn tootin'! :3
I sent off a resume for this reception job about a month ago, and it was at a paediatrics office. They were nice enough to call me and tell me that they’d already hired someone. But the doctor asked if they could keep my resume on file for later. I got a call this afternoon from them, and I have an interview for tomorrow at 10 a.m. O..O Wowzers! I mean, I feel like I didn’t even try for the position the first time around...it’s such a blessing to get asked for an interview. Of course....interviews don’t really mean much...I’m the first to tell you that much. Still, it is encouraging.
I was also happy to hear that Supernatural has been picked up for it’s fifth season! ....of course, that only means I need a job that much more...otherwise, I won’t be able to afford season 4 or 5 when they finally come to DVD ;) As is, I feel I’m sorta behind on my fandoms in a way..../stares longingly at S3 Bones Box Set. Not that I’ll be buying much of anything fun even for my first few pay checks. I’ll need to start saving immeadately....otherwise, I won’t have much of a savings to speak of -..-
In superficial news, True Beauty finally skipped off into the sunset. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve enjoyed ridiculing these so called ‘Beautiful People’ almost all season long...And, I did really love Billy (which, surprises me, since I don’t usually go for blonds), but...I don’t think I could’ve taken another week of Joel’s conceited attitude >..> Not Joel McHale, of course! But the dude on there named Joel who was a conceited jerk. No, Joel McHale is my McDreamy :D Aaaaand I hope he makes fun of the ‘Douchbag’ meeting just like he did last week :) Anyway. I liked Billy and Julia was pretty ok too (considering), but they had gotten...awfully smarmy (which fit in well with the judges I suppose). Also, can I say that the thing at the end with the chocolates was hilarious? It was! OK, so the gimmick to this thing is that these gorgeous people are competing against each other to be the most beautiful person in America; but, what they don’t know is the judges are also judging them on inner beauty and spying on their every move with hidden cameras all over the house. Well, at the end, they received a tray of chocolates with a card saying “Here’s a chance for you to see through our eyes - Your judges.” and they were staring at the chocolates like it was a puzzle, all the while not realizing that on the back of the card was the answer “Go Down Stairs” XD!!!! Hilarious! It was edited but it looked like it took them five minutes just to flip the stupid card over!
....Reiko’s birthday is coming soon. She’s gonna be 21....God, but it makes me feel old. I need to call her and ask which address she’ll be at. Otherwise, it’ll be hard for me to know where to send her present. It still bugs me that I didn’t get Celeste’s address...not that it excuses me from not sending her a card. Mom and I had found a local Hallmark store, and they have a ton of those great musical cards, and I was going to send her one of those but....well, Mom and I kept getting sick and forgetting. I should’ve looked her up on white pages.com or something. It’s no excuse =..= I’m usually on the ball with birthdays...dang moving anyway.
Oh, and I finally put my Twilight fic up on juli_bear . I private posted it ages ago, and I finally got around to proof-reading and publicly posting it. I swear, I need to get my butt in gear. Having moved or not, I was supposed to have that LJ as my Fan Fic/Group area, and I’ve only posted the first chapter of one fic so far! ...I guess I’m slugging because really Twilight is one of the few fics I’m working on currently. Every other fic has gone stale =..= But! The first chapter of my new Broken Wing is now available, and I’ve posted it to twilight_book as well :) I really hope having it posted with my LJ as well as having a community aware of it will help motivate me.
....I can’t think of anything else....I guess that means it’s time for me to shut up and distract myself elsewhere :) Talk later, Sunshines!
You Are Carrot Juice
You are a warm, cooperative person. You work well with others.
While you have a fairly strong personality, you don't have a lot of clashes and conflicts.
You are ambitious, but not ruthlessly so. You won't step on anybody's feet to get to the top.
You are successful, and all your success has come while looking out for others.
Ok, so I’ve looked everywhere, but I cannot find my Labyrinth Necklace. I know I told myself to pack all my jewellery in my jewellery box, and anything else was suppose to go directly into the pockets in my suitecase...and I’ve scowered everything and cannot find it! I’m upset with myself because at this point, I don’t have money to spend frivolously, so I can’t replace it. And it was one of those favourite things and now it’s gone =..= I’ma go eat some oreos and console myself before I get too far along on this self-smacking train.
My poor cell phone is nearly dead...I’ve had it on since 4 a.m. Friday (when I left for Reiko’s), and I haven’t charged it. I haven’t charged it, because I remember unpacking my charger, thinking “I’d better charge my cell.” and placing the charger somewhere...and I’ll be dadgum if I can’t find that charger -..- I’m slowly becoming my mother.
Well, I don’t know how weather is everywhere else, but it’s a bit cold here in Arkansas. We’ve had ice storms off and on for the past couple of days...or just during the night. I took a bunch of pictures today, because a lot of the trees and plants were frosted from the ice. I got a great one of Mom and Dad. There’s not a lot of wind though, so the cold doesn’t bite into you (it just slowly seeps in and stays for a good long while). There is a lot of fog though.
So, with Dad going offshore on the 23rd, our family is having Christmas on the 20th (this Saturday). I can’t wait. Breakfast will be tomato gravey and biscuits (something mommie got started my Mom on ), and then we’ll open gifts and spend the day together. Oh, that reminds me. I need to go in the basement and look through my movies. I need to find the Home Alone series ^..^ Tradition!
Ok, so! According to Mom, we have decided to drive down to Abbeville on the 23rd instead of the 24th like we’d originally planned. That’s the morning my Dad needs to leave for work, and Mom’s afraid if we stay any later, there’s be bad weather and we won’t be able to leave. So, Mom and Dad are going to depart in Dad’s truck, and Aunt Carolyn and I are going to be driving behind them in Sheila (Mom’s car). We’ll be leaving the house around 4 a.m. (seems to be a trend). Google maps has it as 9 hours and 42 minutes away (though it doesn’t give and take for bathroom breaks and food and such), so...Some time after 1 in the afternoon, we should roll into Abbeville...this plan, is slightly flawed as I see it. Firstly, Dad doesn’t need to go to Abbeville. If I remember correctly, he has to be in Pascagoula, MS...which, our rout is the same up until Little Rock, AR...but then it goes two different ways. I dunno. We’ll have to talk about it later. That’s the idea for right now anyway.
For some very odd reason, my check did not get deposited into my account last Friday like I thought it would. This is making me question how many checks I actually have left. I was thinking there’d be at least one left, but since I left half way through one week, I wasn’t sure if there’d be another. Either way, I was pretty certain another would be deposited. The problem now is that I’m running low on money. I’m so glad I got my Christmas shopping done...well, except for Mom, but her Christmas present is a joint effort. I e-mailed Donna at work to ask why the check didn’t get directly deposited into my account and how many I have remaining. I never was good at calculating -..-
Tonight was fun...well, it was at the end. The bible study is always good, but afterwards, Pastor Sam asked me to operate the sound booth. It seems to be my calling, and there’s no use trying to escape it. I was kinda thrown in there immediately upon my first visit. I’m so glad that I actually have experience in the area, otherwise I would’ve felt like a schmo. What I love about these people is that even if you screw up on something, they’re like, “Ah, it don’t matter! You’re doing great!” So...I’m glad that I am doing a great job, but I suppose even if I wasn’t they’d still make me feel good. This Sunday, they’re putting on a play/choir production thingy (of course, about Christmas!), and they wanted to practice it in full tonight. Pastor Sam pulled me in there and instructed me, “Now, the numbers we need are 27, 33, and 44. There’s space between each performance though, so you’ll have to stop it and then go through the entire thing to get to the right number.” So I looked at him kinda funny and said, “Why not just press the pause button?” and he looked at me and then it curiously so I demonstrated by showing him how you could play a bit of music and hit pause (which doubles as the play button) and then skip ahead and not have to go through the whole list, but just starting from the number you were just at. He says, “Huh! Would you look at that!” I looked at him and said, “I’m so much more than just a pretty face.” we laughed at that. So, not only did I manage the sound booth, I taught the pastor a new function of the CD player. Mom had wanted to leave early though , so she was kinda bored. I’d brought my laptop, so I tried to connect it to the internet for her, but the signal was weak. In the end, practice wasn’t long. So we just skedaddled when we could.
...ok, it sounds like a gaggle of teenage girls are outside on the road giggling at a very high, very annoying pitch (the kind that makes dogs and small animals cower?)...I suppose it could be an animal...but...I’ve never heard an animal make that noise (well other than a teenage girl).
Meh...I’m starting to get tired. I suppose I’ll be off to bed then. Goodnight, Sunshines.
I...am so broke. Seriously, I have so little money, I’m counting down the days till it’s Friday and I get paid. Of course, Friday there are so many things I want to do! I need to set money aside for this and that and it’s just crazy. I was going to buy a few things more before I had to totally just stop, but really...at this point, I’m only going to be buying the things I absolutely need.
Yesterday, I went ahead and took my car to Sam’s Audio. The car-dude said that the radio I bought...sucks. He’s changed out at least 2 the last two weeks. So, he took me inside (after checking the radio) and he said that they had another radio like that only it was $125.99, but since I only bought this thing not even 2 months ago, what he’ll do is swap out my radio for the better one and I’ll pay the $55 difference. Of course, they didn’t have that type of radio in at the moment, so he told me to call back Friday. They’re supposed to get some in Friday, so I’ll call that morning and ask if they’re in and if they are, I’ll make an appointment. I’m thinking of asking if they can rig something up to hold my iPod...but, if the CDs are fixed then.../shrug. I dunno. I kinda want to get everything I could possible get fixed all at once...and on the other hand, I don’t see a need for the iPod thing if I have a great CD player.
Oh, and there was a big hoopla about Scamp coming over (or I should say, her going home) because I had asked if we could go and get her on the weekend and then some time around 6:30, 7ish her parents could come and pick her up (because we had that whole Twilight movie and girls’ day planed). But, Scamp had said that her parents couldn’t work it into their schedule to come and pick her up. So, I had accepted that fact that I would have to drive her home, and it wasn’t that big of a deal to me. Yeah, I’d be tired, but it’d be worth it to have her with Reiko and me for that last day. Besides, I would’ve been tired anyway. But this morning, Mom called Aunt Jane and asked if we could go pick her up and then they could come and get her on the evening of the 21st, and Aunt Jane said that it wouldn’t be a problem...so, I’m really happy about that...but a part of me is hoping that no one has misunderstood. I mean, We won’t be getting out of that movie till 6, so there’s no way we’re gonna be home till 6:30ish. If they can come and get her then, it won’t be a big problem. Still, if it does work out, it’ll be awesome!
Meh...I don’t have much else to write about. I guess I’ll talk later, Sunshines.
What Your Home Says About You
You come across as very intellectual. People take your wisdom seriously.
Your hygiene is passable, but you may be hiding some dirty secrets.
You are a fairly domestic person. You can probably make a decent batch of home cooked cookies.
You are not a very nurturing person. You have enough trouble taking care of yourself.
You feel settled in your life. You have enough time to focus on little details.
You are a very self sufficient person. You can get along well without much help.
Your friends see you as courageous, dynamic, and bright.