It’s after 4, and I keep thinking that I need to eat something even though I’m not hungry.
Today, after church, Mom and Dad and I went to Western Sizzlern, which is a much better than the one we used to go to in Houma. Anyway, by the time we’d gotten then and sat down, I was so hungry that I was starting to feel sick. I do this thing that I love where I eat mashed potatoes, but instead of using the gravy they set next to the mashed potatoes, I go over to the shredded roast beef on the other bar and load that on top of my potatoes. It’s better flavored than the average gravy, and I love the beef too. But this time, not only did I load up on my mashed potato delight, I also got some chicken, slice of pork, hush puppies and green beans (well, not large portions of them, but still). Now, usually I either eat a huge salad loaded down with everything or just my mashed potatoes and a roll. I ate so much, I actually shocked myself…
…all of that, is to just say that I’m not hungry right now because I had the shakes and pigged out. But, since it’s Sunday, after 4, and I know we’ll be leaving in an hour and a half, I keep thinking, “If I don’t eat now, I’ll be starving in church!” And the curse of the starving congregation is almost worse than the curse of the starving class -..-
Your Road is Paved With Wisdom
You've probably traveled on a long, hard road already in your life, and you've learned some important lessons.
You know to let the small things slide. Things usually turn out better than you fear.
You've learned to sit back and enjoy the ride. You don't push too hard. You pace yourself.
You offer good advice to others, and you are an ideal friend. You find it easy to share your wisdom.
Wow… haven’t felt this bad in… oh, right. About a month =..=‘ Figures.
So, I’ve done very little today. Picked up here and there, but no real cleaning. The only real thing I’ve manage to accomplish is watching Batman - Gotham Knight and finding an agreeable theme for my tumblr.
I’ve just been wanting a more graphic tumblr, but there are so many themes to choose from and I wanted something fairly specific… I like it when things are obviously separated and have a date stamp on them. I also don’t want it too plain or too ornate, and it had to be legible and somewhat orderly. I think I found something unique with a good date stamp that isn’t too much or too little. Overall, that’s what I was wanting.
As for Gotham Knight, it was much like the Animatrix… many different anime styles being shown off in small episodes, only this time it’s the Batman universe instead of the Matrix. I like most anime styles, but there are a few that I do not care for. A couple of those episodes are amazingly beautiful, not in the story telling of course but due to their actual graphics and fluid movement. Just like in the Animatrix, Gotham Knight has very little validity story-wise. You get tidbits of things that are interesting, but overall the stories are fairly unimportant. This DVD is sheer fan service (sans pervy stuff). As a consequence, I still want to buy it, but I don’t think it’s entirely essential to a Batman DVD collector :)
As for the individual episodes, the first episode (Have I Got A Story For You) annoyed me because it reminded me of an episode of the animated series, season 4, in which these kids are telling each other stories about Batman from their (distorted and uninformed) perspective. It didn’t help that the animation style is one that I’m absolutely not a fan of. The other episodes are all acceptable animation-wise as well as story-wise. Some are more cinematic and beautifully animated than others (2. Crossfire, 4. In Darkness Dwells, & 6 Deadshot), while others actually look like your average, albeit high end, anime (3. Field Test & 5. Working Through Pain). As much as I enjoyed the features, I was disappointed in the lack of ‘extra features’…. namely because there are none. At least not in this Netflix copy. I’m the sort of fan that enjoys (‘lives for’ might be a better term) ‘behind the scenes’ or ‘the making of’ and ‘featurettes’. In fact, it’s a major part of the DVDs that I buy. I’d much rather spend more money on something if it’s a 2 or 3 disc edition, just because I almost enjoy watching the extra stuff as much as (or more than in some cases) the actual movie. The fact that this dvd didn’t have any extra features was pretty disappointing. Though, I suppose that means I’ll have something to look forward to when I buy the 2 disc edition. Lastly, I cannot express how happy it made me to hear Kevin Conroy as Batman once again. I’m not saying he’s the only one that can do the job (Bruce Greenwood did a dang decent job of it too), but he’s so cemented in my mind as the voice of Batman, it was almost comforting to hear his voice again. :)
As for the rest of my day… I’m pretty sick actually. So, I suppose it’s good that I’ve got something decent to watch. Last night I was feeling tireder than usual (but didn’t think anything of it) and my stomach was really cramping pretty badly. I tried not to let it bother me though, because Mom and Aunt Carolyn volunteered to help me clean the entire church in one swoop. I could hardly pass that up. By the time I got home I had that itching tickle in the back of my throat… so I just took some NyQuil and hoped for the best. This morning though, my entire stomach is still cramping, I’m tired, nauseous, dizzy and weak and I’m all clammy. Not to mention I go between hot and cold >..< It’s very frustrating (though I suppose ‘sickening’ would be a better term). I can only hope it’s some sort of 24 hour bug that’ll be gone in the morning. Either way, I made myself go with Mom to Wal-Mart to stock up, and I managed to get some Gatorade. Nothing like a supplement of electrolytes to help you bounce back…right? =..=‘
I really can’t make myself concentrate much more, so I’m gonna go ahead and wrap this entry up. I’ll write again later, Sunshines.
You Are Brainy
You are a very detail oriented and precise person. You think everything through carefully.
You aren't prone to dramatics, but you don't overlook what's important either.
You are observant and philosophical. You seek to understand people more than judge them.
You treasure your alone time. You area true introvert, and it's difficult for you to feel isolated.
Yesterday, Mom and I went online to book our tickets to Atlanta. We also booked our rooms at the Lodge (where the wedding party will be staying). Whenever we get there, we’ll rent a car and all that jazz. It hasn’t escaped me that I’ve never been on an airplane before in my life -..- In fact, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling anxious already. Which…totally sucks since I’ve got the better part of a month before I actually have to get on said plane. Luckily, I have plenty to think about to shift my focus. School’s a given of course, but I’m also thinking of all the things I’ll want to take with me. And, yes, I’ve started a small list of things to bring -..- dang OCD.
( Travel Check-Off for Take-Off )
It’s a work in progress. I’m thinking of keeping all the cords and electronics in one place… my back pack. Dad says we get one suitcase and one carry-on, so I’ll just have my suitcase and my back pack. The only problem I can think of at this point is the bridesmaid dress. I realize that I can’t have it hanging, so I’m going to have to fold it up in my suitcase. Even if I lay it on top of everything, it’ll probably still wrinkle, and that means I’ll need a steamer or something… because fabric like that probably can’t just be ironed like normal. Mom says we may be able to find something when we get there… or ask if anyone in the wedding party will actually have a steamer.
Well…I had planned on catching up on some schoolwork today, but I’ve kinda been putting it off. I have to wash clothes and pick up about the house, so I’ve used that as an excuse not to do any work. I think I’ll have some lunch in a minute and then get on the school work wagon. I’ve been pretty fed up with myself lately… but, I remind myself that it’s been over five years since I was in college, so it’ll take me some time to get back into that groove -..-‘
OK. Enough yaking. The jeans in the washer are done, and my stomach is growling. Time to sign off. I’ll type later, Sunshines :)
You Are Rock-Paper-Scissors
You are very smart and mentally inclined person. You like games that test your brainpower.
You are good at noticing patterns and making predictions. You can size other people up well.
It may not seem like there's a lot to what you do, but you have a strategy for everything.
You tend to think through every decision you make carefully, but you're also sure not to over think anything.
I wouldn't say that I'm an artist by any means. Sure, I can get creative and all, but since I don't paint or draw I don't see myself as artsy. Still, I love taking pictures. Not of myself of course -..-' But I love to take photos of flowers, landscapes, the sky, people, events, anything and everything :) So maybe I'm a tad on the artsy side, but I still wouldn't call myself artistic.
But lately, I've been wanting to take some of my photos and actually print them onto canvas. Of course, then it occurred to me that if I'm gonna do that, I need to figure out some way to put my signature on the photo… even if it's just my initials. That's just something that stamps the pic and says, 'yeah, this one's mine :)'. I wouldn't say that I'm a glory hog or territorial, but I know that people will think nothing of stamping their name on another person's work, and that infuriates me.
Still. I'm not even sure about ordering prints on canvas. I've googles "Photoes"+"Canvas" and several services popped up. One place that I really like is Canvas Pop, just because they have a nice ordering process, and they allow you to see the work in space. Plus they let you specify unique measurements for your canvas. If you want a print that's 5x9 then go ahead and put that in and they'll print it for you. They are a tad on the expensive side tho…but I kinda expected that. Print Your Life is pretty cool too, but I find the only thing I like about their service is in their gallery under Grunge… It's just an intestine style. It's also interesting that they'll Avatar a pic of you… I should tell Jessica about that ^..^ Canvas on Demand isn't too bad of a place either….they allow custom measurements as well …and from what I can tell, they have Ty Pennington as a sponsor o..o Oh and lastly there's Photogonia,which offers a bunch of things other than just photo prints and canvas stuffs… there's like, tile sets and puzzles and keepsake boxes. All sorts of stuff.
…and with all that, is it any wonder I feel mixed about? I mean, there are so many options, I'm just not sure what to pick. I get so caught up in looking at options, that I forget entirely that I still am not sure about that whole signature thing -..-' I'm gonna try just scanning my signature into my computer as an image and then opening my photos with Corel Draw and placing the signature over a corner… see if that works.
The reason most of this quandary started is because Mom's birthday is coming up (Sept. 2 :3), and she mentioned a while back that she'd like to get three pictures of mine from Spring, Autumn and Winter and put them over her fire place. So, I wanna go over there and measure how high all those pictures would be (obviously they'd all be landscape style photos :]) and then choose three of my best prints.
…so that's my latest project. Not sure how far I'll get in it today, but I am working on that signature thing for right now… and gathering up prices on the websites that I'm looking at. o..o other than that, I really don't know what else to do until I'm actually ready to order so..yah.
I guess that's all for now. I'll write later, Sunshines :)
You Should Travel to India
You're a passionate, gusty traveler - and India's gritty urban centers won't scare you away.
Maybe you'll take in the Taj Mahal, eat the best curry of your life, or attend a huge street festival.
So today I had an appointment with my new ‘family’ doctor. Dr. S, I’ll call him for now. I know you’re always supposed to establish a family doctor and all, but I’d put it off because I could always just go to emergency care. But this disoriented feeling has persisted over a month now, and I figured it wouldn’t hurt. He was concerned with my insomnia – funny, I’ve been concerned with it too, but no one else seems to care. He referred me to a local ear, nose and throat doctor too, thinking he’d be better equipped to handle the dizzy issue I’ve been having. Dr. S made a prescription for me for my insomnia, instructing me to take half a pill before bed for the first week and then a whole pill from then on. He had wanted to sign me up for a sleep study, but when he saw that I had no insurance and was self pay and all, he said it might be too expensive for me. Also, he gave me a medication that is only $4 :) Nice fella.
What was funny was when he was walking out and he said, “So give this medication a try and if it works call us and tells us, or otherwise you can call us and tell us, ‘This doesn’t work, you guys are stupid.’” :D
Anyway. I have an appointment at 3 this Friday with the Ear Nose and Throat doctor. It’s funny, but unless you get a referral from other doctors, most of the doctors here won’t admit you. It’s weird, but they always say they aren’t accepting new patients.
I’m …very tired now… and very dizzy. But, I’m trying to finish my washing. Mom and Dad got me a ton of clothes yesterday when we stumbled upon an Avenue (my favorite place to shop back in Houma) in Springfield. So, I’m washing everything in hopes of being able to wear it :)But, in between loads of clothes, I’m having a Supernatural marathon. I was moping about for something to watch and lamenting over the fact that I’d really like to have Avatar: The Last Airbender on DVD, but then my eyes fell on my Supernatural box sets and I rejoiced :3 It’s kinda funny how I’m still a little shocked at how awesome the first season is o..o’
Oh well. I’m gonna stop typing now so that the computer stops shaking (srsly, it looks like my monitor is moving >..<). I’ll type later, ya’ll. Bye!
|You Are Colorful Because You Are Smooth|
You are totally irresistible. You can be as quirky, colorful, and wild as you want to be!
You enjoy taking risks, and you've made a few big miscalculations over the years. You're not afraid to mess up.
Your mistakes just give you character. People love that you're perfectly imperfect. You're happy with yourself, and that's all that matters.
Tomorrow, my parents and I are going to Springfield, MO :) We go there every few months or so, because there’s a Sam’s there, and Dad and Mom are members. They like buying tons of stuff at Sam’s so that we don’t have to worry about it for a long time.
But also, it means sushi. We usually go to Nakato, but they actually don’t open until 5 pm. So Mom asked me to look up other places in Springfield that has Sushi and Habachi I found quite a few places. Among them are Kai, Fuji Japanese Seafood Sushi Bar & Steak House, Sakura Japanese Sushi Bar & Grill, Hinode Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar, Haruno Sushi Caterers, and Izumi Hatake Sushi Bar & Grill. Of all of those, I think I’d like to try the Sakura Japanese Sushi Bar and Grill :) Not just because I love Sakura trees either. The reviews I read all said the place was awesome AND affordable.
Also, after we’ve walked off the sushi at Sam’s, we’ll head over to the David’s Bridal there. I need to (probably) get fitted and start the process of getting my bridesmaid dress going. Taking measurements...it’s never fun :( Especially since I’ve upped my exercise regiment, and yet it seems to be helping nothing. Makes me sick. Or perhaps, I wish it would. If I were sick, I might be thinner -..-
Oh well. I probably should’ve been in bed ages ago. Dang insomnia. Dang sleeping pills that take so long to kick in.
I’ll type later!
|Your True Passion is Leadership|
You love to teach others and guide them. You are very patient. Giving back is important to you.
You want to make the world a better place, and you know you can't do it alone. You need a team supporting you.
For you, there's nothing more satisfying than a group of people working toward a common goal. Especially if you're leading that group.
…the hell you say?
- 11:20 @strixus The History through 20 Objects sounds more interesting though, my favorite's Lord of the Clans. Oh wait...that's not... nevermind. #
- 13:29 @Umamor1 O..O your family certainly has strange ways of expressing affection... #
- 13:59 Listening to old Lorekeeper eps while hanging about in Skype :) #
- 14:03 My laptop seems to be permanently down, and until I've paid for tuition and books, it won't be fixed... #thatsaproblem #
- 14:06 #itsbeenawhilesince Someone referred to the Twilight Cult and I thought of anything other than rabid teenage girls o..o #
- 14:51 After @Pride1G's wonderful explanation, I think I'll go and sharpen my swords. #
- 14:54 Ohhh a call from Reiko! :D #
- 14:55 o..o apparently she and her hubby have gotten into Magic the Gathering, and they're both addicted.... #
- 15:15 @Pride1G It ever occur to you that we do that on purpose just to get under your skin? ^..^ #
- 15:17 @Umamor1 Oh, I don't like to see people upset either...but I do like joking around. #
- 15:33 @Umamor1 o..o What in the name of Zeus's beard... #
- 15:38 @Umamor1 oh for the love of ... -..- #
- 15:43 @Umamor1 aou-aou-aaaaoooooooooo! #
- 15:48 @Umamor1 Wild stray cat, you're a real gone guy. #
- 15:53 @Umamor1 :3 But I got cat class, and I got cat style. #
- 16:08 Why, oh why would anyone put sugar in their spaghetti? Or mashed potatoes...or green beans... why! >..< #
- 16:41 ...a phantom keeps knocking on my door o..o' #
- 16:52 @mr_nnj ...snake charmer -..- but Mom's home made spaghetti was never sweet. #
- 18:09 Oh Lord. Mom made beef stew with rice... Such. Good. Food. #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter
- 14:06 So after an hour of straightening up my living room and kitchen, it occured to me that Twitter's been quiet...... #
- 14:06 ...then I realized my cell was back in my bedroom on silent -..- no wonder it's been quiet. #
- 14:24 Grrr! My laptop keeps randomly shutting down without any warning >..< #
- 16:18 I'm getting dizzy again.....maybe I should go eat something...or go lay down =..= #
- 16:21 Oh, wait....we have to leave in an hour... crap :\ #
- 17:38 Mom just took one look at me and said, 'Good God, you look awful. Go back home.' =..= #
- 19:12 Making my very own pitcher of sweet raspberry tea :) #
- 23:42 @strixus Ugh! Stuff like this just kills me. It makes me so angry that people can be so stupid and hateful. #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter
- 10:02 Heading over to Mom's. She's got something planned for lunch. #
- 10:03 Oh yeah! Gotta put that card in the mail. #
- 10:46 And...it looks like I've been shanghighed to Branson. #
- 19:20 Heating some miso soup in hopes it helps my stomache -..- been sleeping since 3, and I feel wretched. #
- 19:25 @Umamor1 I'm... coping. I get really disoriented when I exert myself -..- #
- 19:32 @Davlenagain I'm feelin that mumble takes forever to load.. #
- 20:13 In mumble chat....as long as I can stay upright :) #
- 21:52 I just canceled my WoW account -..- #
- 22:06 @DJTimeKiller Mostly to save money. But it's not like I could play really well with my connection to WoW servers being le fail all the time. #
- 22:11 @DJTimeKiller I don't stay connected well to any sever =..= It's a struggle just to chat, much less game. And I need to save money so... #
- 22:51 @strixus That's epic :D #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwittertt
- 10:05 eengh.....horrible night...tired, sore an disoriented =..= #
- 10:44 Off to the college =..= #
- 11:14 Here at the college, waiting to get registered...and I'm actually writing. #
- 11:59 Gotta go to the college library and take a compass test. Joy =..= #
- 13:09 Done with the test! It's official: I suck royally at math, but I OWN Writing and Reading :D #
- 13:14 Aaaand, back in the registration line. #
- 14:09 Home -..- #
- 14:34 So far, I am tenatively enrolled in 5 classes, which equils out to 15 credit hours. #
- 14:36 For now...I'm just gonna sit with my hot bowl of ramen and an Eddie Izzard DVD -..- by brain could use some cooling. #
- 14:37 @Davlenagain ...jealous :) #
- 16:34 Writing up the part of chatper 5 that I worte today while waiting at the college :) #
- 16:36 If you knew half of whats in my head, you'd be troubled too >..>RT:@ZodiacFacts #Libras tend to be outwardly pleasant but inwardly troubled #
- 18:31 Gonna change and help Mom mow the yard. #
- 20:08 Covered in sweat, dust and grass -..- must shower. #
- 20:36 @mr_nnj <..< hope you don't have a problem with that... #
- 20:40 @mr_nnj Well, that's good...beings as you don't have much gorram choice in the matter :) #
- 21:29 Composing a huge blog entry...processing...processing..... #
- 23:16 Just finished watching @Charm_CityCakes's 100th episode with Mom, and dang but I laughed so hard! And, man, but I needed the lolz :3 #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter
- 23:50 @rebeccacurrence Oh me too. I told my doctor and she suggested eating something light... cereal or PB&J. Sometimes I need more though :| #
- 23:55 @rebeccacurrence Right you are! Which is exactly why I'm noming a Jimmy Dean sausage egg and cheese sandwich. #
- 00:07 Must sleeps nao =..= Closing Tweet: Bye, June 2010. And hello, July 2010. #
- 10:42 @rei2rei Don't trust the critics, but don't expect anything. Either way, you won't be dissappointed. #
- 10:43 @rei2rei I find that the movies critics hype are things I just don't care about and the things I love are things they ignore :| #
- 13:00 I generally like our pastor, and I don't mind when he drops by. I just wish I wasn't wearing my 'boob shirt' when he did... #
- 13:34 ...quoi? o..o RT @boingboing Silly Putty ingredient found in McNuggets - Boing Boing bit.ly/9c6k44 #
- 13:56 I love Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci... I especially love them together. They're mostly why I love Julie&Julia and the Devil Wears Prada. #
- 14:19 I keep thinking "I need to go and clean the church" and that thought's immeadately followed by "I feel so wretched" =..= #
- 14:19 I keep hoping I'll start to feel better...or at least close to decent, but every time I so much as stand up I'm sent spinninig again. #
- 14:40 Enough excuses =..= going to church to clean. I'll go slow in hopes I wont pass out. #
- 15:51 OMW home =..= #
- 20:45 Mom and I finally watched The Unsinkable Molly Brown. Not a bad movie, for an old movie. Still, too much song and dance for my taste :) #
- 21:43 FROGGIE :D!!! #
- 21:50 Froggie pic: bit.ly/af4jTY #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter
- 10:35 Q:Do you think if the media cleaned up it's smut image o... A:I think it'd help. It'd take a lot more than just the ... 4ms.me/d4rspN #
- 10:35 The men working on Dad's shed sound like they're working on my roof =..= #
- 11:46 Heading over to Mom's to heat up lunch before they get back. #
- 12:52 ...I want a @fushigiBall o..o and I don't know why...Dammit, Scamp! >..< #
- 12:54 Alright, enough of this lollygaggin. I gotta go and clean some of the church -..- #
- 13:11 At the church cleaning. BBS. #
- 14:04 @rei2rei I really hope Jareth from Labyrinth is getting something out of this :3 #
- 16:27 Looking at tumblr o..o this is interesting! #
- 18:46 Mom's putting the high lights in my hair now... #
- 18:47 ... God? Are you listening? Please let this come out the way it should >..< or better! #
- 19:32 @strixus...that's the cutest thing ever :D #
- 21:42 Agonizing over my tumblr...uggggh! >..< #
- 21:48 @rebeccacurrence le sigh :| You're right :D Happy to add you though! #
- 21:50 @rebeccacurrence Mostly over the presentation. Trying to find a layout that separates the entries and shows their dates and such. #
- 21:51 @rebeccacurrence more so that it takes so frakkin long for the layout section to load tho <..< #
- 21:54 @rebeccacurrence I has slow internets -..- #
- 22:17 Listening to Crossfaction on OMFG.fm :) #
- 23:00 Must eat now.. then sleep =..= Night all. #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter