You know, today was great fun. Today, we had a writer’s workshop over at NAC. Normally, I’d maybe vlog about this, but considering that it’s for writing, and technically this is still a blog and not entirely a vlog… well. You get the gist. And oddly enough the topic of discussion today was more of a fun, round-table discussion about 2 things. 1) NaNoWriMo (which I will attempt again this year :3), and 2) Blogging.
You know, I had a blog. I technically still have a blog. For about 12 years now, I’ve had LiveJournal, and I kept it irregularly updated from time to time depending on how I was feeling or whether or not I was busy. But then, after moving from LA in 2008 and having so little to report… well, sometime in early 2009, I relied on Twitter posts (which aren’t a thing anymore). Then at some point I actually started making videos and…yeah.
Also, it should be noted that the late nature of this post is due to the fact that I actually got curious about when I stopped blogging and started Tweeting and Vlogging respectively :| I had myself a little walk down memory lane (the best kind, since there’s no actual walking). I really began my vlogging at the end of 2009 (literally, Dec. 29, 2009). I started with IronAndCrystalHouse just because MsMoon was taken and I was trying to be different. Later, I went to MsMoonHere…I really wish there was a way to merge YouTube accounts, or at least to edit the dates of videos that are getting uploaded. I’d get all the videos off of Iron&Crystal and put them up on MsMoonHere -..-
Anyway, back to the original idea before that tangent. They were saying that it’d be great to write at the minimum 1 sentence and at the maximum 100 words. Really, they’re trying to not step on anyone’s feet here, and they’re aren’t wrong. I mean, having a blog does give you the opportunity to write… and whatever. But, if you have no ideas. If you have nothing to talk about… then you have nothing to write about. And 9 times out of 10, people would rather watch a video summing up whatever you’re writing about anyway.
So…I figured, an actual writing update….oi vey.
So…what could you possibly not know? I mean… everything of significance is sort of in my videos…I suppose. Um.
- I moved back in with my parents after an air-conditioner snafu over the summer… A $900 Air Conditioner snafu no less o..o Yeah.
- We just brought Lokitty to the vet this morning… we were getting her declawed, and then we learned that she was not a she… Lokitty is in fact male O..O I mean… a lot of people have been asking how I could’ve not noticed it, and to that I reply that Loki’s fur is so thick and I wasn’t about to start searching for a tictak in there.
- NaNoWriMo approaches…and I’m bracing with fear and anxious trembling.
- I’m planning a tiny pilgrimage to my cousin’s house in Michigan at the end of November/beginning of December. We shall lay about and have great funs.
- I have 3 stories (possibly 4) that are original that I’m constantly thinking about.
- I’ve got 3 fan fics that I’m working about/constantly thinking about.
There are other things … I mean, things going on and stuffs and I wouldn’t recommend it :3 But most of it’s still developing, so I kinda don’t wanna talk about it till it’s done. But, I’ve definitely typed too much…so with my guilt assoged, I shall retreat :)