You know, today was great fun. Today, we had a writer’s workshop over at NAC. Normally, I’d maybe vlog about this, but considering that it’s for writing, and technically this is still a blog and not entirely a vlog… well. You get the gist. And oddly enough the topic of discussion today was more of a fun, round-table discussion about 2 things. 1) NaNoWriMo (which I will attempt again this year :3), and 2) Blogging.
You know, I had a blog. I technically still have a blog. For about 12 years now, I’ve had LiveJournal, and I kept it irregularly updated from time to time depending on how I was feeling or whether or not I was busy. But then, after moving from LA in 2008 and having so little to report… well, sometime in early 2009, I relied on Twitter posts (which aren’t a thing anymore). Then at some point I actually started making videos and…yeah.
Also, it should be noted that the late nature of this post is due to the fact that I actually got curious about when I stopped blogging and started Tweeting and Vlogging respectively :| I had myself a little walk down memory lane (the best kind, since there’s no actual walking). I really began my vlogging at the end of 2009 (literally, Dec. 29, 2009). I started with IronAndCrystalHouse just because MsMoon was taken and I was trying to be different. Later, I went to MsMoonHere…I really wish there was a way to merge YouTube accounts, or at least to edit the dates of videos that are getting uploaded. I’d get all the videos off of Iron&Crystal and put them up on MsMoonHere -..-
Anyway, back to the original idea before that tangent. They were saying that it’d be great to write at the minimum 1 sentence and at the maximum 100 words. Really, they’re trying to not step on anyone’s feet here, and they’re aren’t wrong. I mean, having a blog does give you the opportunity to write… and whatever. But, if you have no ideas. If you have nothing to talk about… then you have nothing to write about. And 9 times out of 10, people would rather watch a video summing up whatever you’re writing about anyway.
So…I figured, an actual writing update….oi vey.
So…what could you possibly not know? I mean… everything of significance is sort of in my videos…I suppose. Um.
- I moved back in with my parents after an air-conditioner snafu over the summer… A $900 Air Conditioner snafu no less o..o Yeah.
- We just brought Lokitty to the vet this morning… we were getting her declawed, and then we learned that she was not a she… Lokitty is in fact male O..O I mean… a lot of people have been asking how I could’ve not noticed it, and to that I reply that Loki’s fur is so thick and I wasn’t about to start searching for a tictak in there.
- NaNoWriMo approaches…and I’m bracing with fear and anxious trembling.
- I’m planning a tiny pilgrimage to my cousin’s house in Michigan at the end of November/beginning of December. We shall lay about and have great funs.
- I have 3 stories (possibly 4) that are original that I’m constantly thinking about.
- I’ve got 3 fan fics that I’m working about/constantly thinking about.
There are other things … I mean, things going on and stuffs and I wouldn’t recommend it :3 But most of it’s still developing, so I kinda don’t wanna talk about it till it’s done. But, I’ve definitely typed too much…so with my guilt assoged, I shall retreat :)
...that’s...all I have to say. Ja!
|You Love to Talk About Ideas|
You are open to all sorts of conversation topics, especially if they are unique or interesting. You love it when a conversation takes you somewhere unexpected.
You will talk about anything, even if it's controversial or weird. You aren't shy about speaking your mind.
You may shock people with what you're willing to talk about, but at least it's more interesting than discussing the weather.
- 11:20 @strixus The History through 20 Objects sounds more interesting though, my favorite's Lord of the Clans. Oh wait...that's not... nevermind. #
- 13:29 @Umamor1 O..O your family certainly has strange ways of expressing affection... #
- 13:59 Listening to old Lorekeeper eps while hanging about in Skype :) #
- 14:03 My laptop seems to be permanently down, and until I've paid for tuition and books, it won't be fixed... #thatsaproblem #
- 14:06 #itsbeenawhilesince Someone referred to the Twilight Cult and I thought of anything other than rabid teenage girls o..o #
- 14:51 After @Pride1G's wonderful explanation, I think I'll go and sharpen my swords. #
- 14:54 Ohhh a call from Reiko! :D #
- 14:55 o..o apparently she and her hubby have gotten into Magic the Gathering, and they're both addicted.... #
- 15:15 @Pride1G It ever occur to you that we do that on purpose just to get under your skin? ^..^ #
- 15:17 @Umamor1 Oh, I don't like to see people upset either...but I do like joking around. #
- 15:33 @Umamor1 o..o What in the name of Zeus's beard... #
- 15:38 @Umamor1 oh for the love of ... -..- #
- 15:43 @Umamor1 aou-aou-aaaaoooooooooo! #
- 15:48 @Umamor1 Wild stray cat, you're a real gone guy. #
- 15:53 @Umamor1 :3 But I got cat class, and I got cat style. #
- 16:08 Why, oh why would anyone put sugar in their spaghetti? Or mashed potatoes...or green beans... why! >..< #
- 16:41 ...a phantom keeps knocking on my door o..o' #
- 16:52 @mr_nnj ...snake charmer -..- but Mom's home made spaghetti was never sweet. #
- 18:09 Oh Lord. Mom made beef stew with rice... Such. Good. Food. #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter
I hate ambiguity, and I hate it when things are vague. I like it when people go to each other and say exactly what it is they want to say. I made a statement on Twitter, and for some reason just because I stated my opinion it drew an enormous amount of aggro. Mostly from my cousin, Scamp, but also from a few people I never even met...which is exactly why I didn't bother giving them any replies. Those that are important to me are important... and that's just how it is for me.
I said, and I quote, "What's all this I hear about boycotting BP? So because one rig made a huge mistake we're going to put millions into unemployment? Geeze -..-" I followed a statement that 'BP had to be punished' with "That's a tad illogical. BP is a company. The crew on the rig are the ones who made the mistake. I'm guessing they are paying. And no ammount of punishment will fix the problem -..-" This is a statement that I still believe and stand by.
I've always felt that I could discuss anything with Scamp, because we've always discussed anything with one another before. We didn't always agree, but it didn't seem to matter. I thought her friendship was worth more than our differences... which is how I see all my friends. But then this came up and she seemed to get furious with me... Several things were said. I felt that I stated my opinions objectively. But Scamp said several things as well, and a lot of it seemed as though is was to purposefully hurt me.
She posted that she didn't want 'to hear people on their high horse, preaching' which I certainly didn't think I was doing. I thought I was stating my opinion. She also said that since I'm not physically there I have no right to my opinion... which is not only ludicrous, but hurtful. So, because I've moved that means the place I was born and raised in, the place I spent 25 years growing in, and learning how to live life in, is suddenly none of my business? I can't have an opinion about it because I've moved? I replied with "dont think for an instant that I've forgotten the wetlands. I just understand that no ammount of punishment will make it right. You can punish BP all you want. When your villian is gone, you'll still have oil in your wetlands. Forgive me for seeing a biger picture. It'll only put millions of families into unemployment if you just focus on punishment." She said that she was 'standing up for people who couldn't stand up for themselves'.... to which I replied, "And btw, this is a discussion over twitter. You aren't really standing up for anyone. You're tweeting"... she then said that if I was there she'd say it to my face, which ... wasn't what I meant at all. After all, saying or not saying anything to my face doesn't really qualify as 'standing up for' anyone or anything. It's just talking. To stand up for anything, it actually requires that you do something. And all we were doing was talking.
I was then told that I shoved Christianity down her throat, another thing I don't remember, and that our friendship was under a strain...another thing I was unaware of. I loved it when she'd text me and ask me to listen to her talk about her ideas... I loved working through those ideas with her until she reached a conclusion. And she helped me too. I'd always thought of her as my friend despite our difference and I thought she considered me the same... distance was never an issue either. At least not to me.
She then ended the whole thing with a simple 'see you' and deleted her Twitter account.
I was hurt by everything that was said, but I breathed through it and reasoned that she's probably too sensitive about the issue right now (at least, the whole BP oil spill issue) to look at it objectively, being in the thick of it and all. It still hurt that she couldn't see that any fool who turned on the news, and understood that area, would see and be affected by the situation. I swear, I saw the pictures on the Yahoo news page of the brown pelican covered in oil and I just collapsed into sobs...I told myself to just let her breath, take a breath myself... feel the pain and hope that some time would help us both....
Then Scamp posted a huge entry in her journal saying, essentially, that her friends never treated her as well as she thought, and it was only in looking back that she realized it. She mentioned that some of them talked behind her back, and she always heard about it, and she said that people saw her as a friend of leisure...she also said that some people complain that their friends forget them and she didn't understand why they treated her the same way. She didn't name names, I noticed and after reading it I concluded that it had nothing to do with me. There was another few posts, one of which was deleted, but I still was too hurt to comment. I couldn't say anything because every time it just hurt and depressed me.
But then I began to wonder.... is she talking about me? Because that can't really be possible. I treat her badly? I neglect her? I talk behind her back? I treat her as a friend of leisure? No... I certainly wasn't a friend of leisure every time she mentioned that she needed a break and I drove 4 hours to pick her up and bring her to my place. Considering gas prices, it wasn't convenient but it was always worth it because being with her is fun and I always enjoyed it, despite the fact that I had to go out of my way and get her. I would say it also wasn't 'convenient' to pay for everything - every meal and every movie we went to. And believe me, meals at Zen weren't always cheap. And the many gifts that I got for her? The 50th anniversary edition Lord of the Rings and leather-bound Hobbit (books I didn't have for myself, I bought them for myself later). Or I wouldn't say that I'd forgotten about her when I won the once a month drawing for Figure Prints and automatically thought, "I gotta get Fallena for Scamp!!".... These were all things that I just did without even thinking about them, because it just seemed natural. I certainly don't remember ever talking behind her back about her, though I got a few lectures from people about her talking about me and Mom behind our backs.... should I believe all those horrid things that were told to me?
I texted Reiko, a simple message 'Am I a difficult friend?' She immediately called me back, asking why the hell I would ask. I explained what was going on. There were several 'what!''s on her part, but I told her to think about it, because I hate to just dismiss someone's words... I asked her if she thought our friendship was strained because we were so far apart. There was a pause and then several expletives later, Reiko had heartily assured me (in her own way) that she couldn't fathom it. That she and I had been friends since she was 9 and that even though we were so different, she'd always thought of me as her closest friend.
I told her that maybe I should call more often, but I feel like I'm the one with no life, so I'd just be bothering everyone. I mean, Reiko has her job and her husband... Scamp has various ailments and I hate the thought that I'd bother her when she's in pain, and she's also got a fiance that she's separated by a greater distance than me, so... I feel like I might call and interrupt them or something... And Chibi...well, Chibi's always been so busy with school and she rarely answers her cell anyway... so. Feeling insignificant has made me hesitant to call, and being ignored a lot has made me feel as though when no one is talking to me nothing is out of order. It's not like I have a lot to report, so why bother calling or e-mailing?
Reiko told me to call her whenever, and not to even worry about anything. So at the very least, I know that she doesn't feel I've behaved badly (Oh yeah, and Reiko was in Louisiana after a cousin's wedding, and she had the nerve to tell me she was eating crawfish -..- cruel girl). It made me feel a little better, but it still really didn't resolve the issue.
It feels like a tornado I'm just being swept up into, and I keep going round and round and round....And the more I go, the more hurt I am that all those good times are gone. Either way I look at it, I can't help but feel hurt and betrayed and cheated. And because I'm so hurt by it all, I just sit here and tell myself not to react. But I'm not feeling any better. I resolve not to be miserable, but even thinking about it is like gouging and new wound.
I don't really know what to think anymore. I'm just... hurt and confused. And I really just want to take a breath, and go back to how things were. But, I'm not sure if it will anymore...
- 09:43 It feels really nice out... Are we expecting rain? #
- 10:26 O..O #
- 10:31 I have never seen clouds like that O..O I was so busy taking pictures I got soaked. #
- 11:37 The weather today was really strange. Surprisingly cool for summer. I knew rain was on the way, but I had... dailybooth.com/u/37pb9 #
- 11:49 After about 10 minutes or so, the clouds had totally shifted. Here's a view of my sky now :) dailybooth.com/u/37pic #
- 11:54 totally uploaded all those pictures to FaceBook.... God, but I do love the iPhoto export to FaceBook feature :) #
- 12:58 Q:Who was the best boss you've ever had? A:Richard and Ellen over at the WorkSavers :) I'll never have a better job,... 4ms.me/9qcDkc #
- 15:13 Texting Reiko to ask if she thinks I'm a difficult friend to have because of everyone she and I have had the most ups and downs... #
- 15:14 ...Not to mention we've stuck together the longest. #
- 15:48 Reiko called. And said she thinks I'm an amazing friend and any other claims are "F!*%ing Bull Sh%*!!!" ... That makes me feel better. #
- 15:48 She also said to ignore any tantrums and drama, which is what I'd planned on -..- It's just not a good to react when someone acts out. #
- 15:51 I've decided not to let myself get depressed anymore. I'll just focus on the good times and hope for the best. #
- 15:54 I'm gonna just enjoy Difficulty Check now :) #
- 15:57 Too bad the drama took up most of the show... ah well. I'll download it and listen to it in the shower later. #
- 16:47 Q:What TV show makes you laugh the loudest? A:The Soup :) When? At 10 (9 Central) on E! :D 4ms.me/cV6U2B #
- 16:49 @rei2rei omg! I'm so jealous! :D That's so awesome! <..< you do intend to take pictures, yes? :3 #
- 17:29 Never tried it, but I would. Far be it from me to tell people how & what to eat RT: @JINX
Yes or no: pineapple in coleslaw? Discuss #
- 18:22 Shela lives :D #
- 21:36 ...I keep thinking there's no food in the house, but I think it's just that I'm craving a Whopper. #
- 22:46 Q:What was the last book you read? A:I'm still trying to get through Stormrage by Richard Knaak -..- 4ms.me/aPRYch #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter
Finally! Some of the video I took while I was in Houma! I was born and raised there, so I have a lot of memories there. Unfortunately, almost everyone who made the place special is no longer there. Still, this is my look back at the town I was born in. Please do enjoy
Songs are used without permission but without intent of infringement for non-profit, educational purposes in accordance with the "Fair Use" clause of Title 17, Section 107, United States Code.
- 08:26 Woke up with a cough and a terrible sore throat. #
- 08:27 Cleaning my kitchen while the coffee brews. #
- 08:46 Sore throat + Warm coffee = sothing 'Ahhh' moment. #
- 09:10 Still can't find my cell charger... I would blame Mom, but it's my own fault for not packing it before she OCD-cleaned the room. #
- 09:58 Cleaning up the living room...at the slowest pace ever -..- #
- 11:29 Aw. Reiko is really upset and depressed. Wonder if I should send her birthday present early... #
- 13:19 I has a table. #
- 13:50 @Davlenagain Only the normal table sort of tricks :) #
- 13:53 @Davlenagain ...no. I'm not sure I've seen many 'fun' tables :\ #
- 17:31 Found my cell charger! It was in a bag with Mom's shoes. #
- 18:16 Supernatural season 4 only 16.95 on Amazon.com? Holy cow! When'd that happen!? #
- 19:10 Submitted reviews a while ago on iTunes for EoRP, Fragged Up and Off Topic. Glad to see they're finally showing up on their iTunes pages. #
- 19:13 I need to write one for Council of Six...but I don't think I can write a good enough one that'll do the show the justice it deserves... :\ #
- 19:25 @Umamor1 I know, right! Hiccups are the most annoying thing! Right next to people who don't know how to drive! >..< #
- 19:33 Goodness, @Davlenagain, you gonna make it? #
- 19:37 @Davlenagain Aw, sha, I know what you mean :\ Good luck till then. #
- 20:43 @Pride1G ... Did you film this event? #
- 20:49 Oh, silly @Davlenagain! @Pride1G doesn't have to cook to get a burn! ... That's our job :3 #
- 20:59 Silly, @Pride1G! The 'clap' is an STD, and I'm little Miss Abstinence. If such a implausable thing were to happen, you'd be giving it to me. #
- 21:02 @Pride1G ...*sigh* You obviously have no grasp of the word 'implausable' -..- #
- 21:08 @Pride1G the difference between possable and plausable is that anything is possable. :3 And you can keep your head to yourself, thanks but . #
- 21:08 @Pride1G ... No thanks. #
- 21:11 @Pride1G oh, I thought you said love was just a state of mind :) And the you change your mind a lot. #
- 21:12 Sorry, @Davlenagain. :( Are we killing your phone? #
- 21:13 O..O @Pride1G are you quoting DC Talk?! XD #
- 21:15 @Davlenagain Hm. Got any more of those hot dogs? They sounded tastey #
- 21:18 @Pride1G LOL! XD iSqueal (a new application from Apple ^..^)! #
- 21:20 @Pride1G No, just the irony that you know it :) #
- 21:22 @Davlenagain True, true. Try pouring that Tostitos Queso cheese on 'em next time :) #
- 21:24 @Pride1G Yeah... It's easy to forget you have a religious background. #
- 21:27 @Davlenagain hm. That's too bad. And it makes me wish we could have an OMFG con... Just so's I could cook... And that's just weird -..- #
- 21:29 @Pride1G ...uh... I'm sorry? :3 #
- 21:31 @Davlenagain That would be awesome... even if embarrassing stuff would leak to YouTube. #
- 21:41 So, after coughing and sneezing all day long, I still managed to clean my living room and kitchen! Tomorrow I'll clean my bedroom =..= #
- 21:47 @Pride1G Thanks, but I only clean when I'm sick of having to clear a path. I'm too laid back to care if everything's in its place every day. #
- 21:50 @Pride1G erm o..o the fact that it's what my last post was about I suppose. #
- 21:53 @Pride1G oh... hm... How 'bout that Drew Brees, huh? :3 #
- 21:55 @Pride1G I've been answering my cell that way for months now :D #
- 22:01 @Pride1G yeah, I can only imagine. Never really been in a bar. Anyway, I know it was nuts watching it at the house :) #
- 22:07 :) @Pride1G yes well, as I don't drink and all... though I DID go to a club once before it opened to drop my big brother off... #
- 22:13 @rebeccacurrence K! Have fun, dear! :D #
- 22:15 @Pride1G Guess I'll have to take your word for it :) I live in a dry county now :D #
- 22:18 @Pride1G ...dry....parish? O..o' But...but that's an oxymoron... #
- 22:24 @Pride1G yeah...I have no idea what that means *nod nod nod* #
- 22:26 @Pride1G If you feel it when I drop this :) You know the first time I heard that it was to a pink pig-tailed gnome machinima o..o' #
- 22:31 @Pride1G I know. It was Gnome Invasion 2, and that's how I discovered TFK (Let's shock 'em with the bodyrock 'til the party stops) #
- 22:35 @rebeccacurrence o..o oh dear... that doesn't sound healthy at all... #
- 22:38 @rebeccacurrence Ohhh! Well, that's wonderful, Darling :) #
- 22:39 @Pride1G ... I refuse to fall prey to your blatant shuffle tactic <..< #
- 22:41 @rebeccacurrence Oh you know :) Mostly, it's going good. I don't have any enemies blood to bathe in, but I manage ^..^ #
- 22:42 @Pride1G lol, the next line of that song would be opening a door and begging someone to just walk on through xD I will not be provoked :3 #
- 22:43 PS! bit.ly/bapGjT < Gnome Invasion 2. It's actually pretty awesome... even if I only favorite it for the song :3 #
- 23:00 @Pride1G Right. Because Skype and Vent are too much and evidently AIM and Yahoo are outdated -..- #
- 23:10 Dang...I'm starving all of a sudden... I'ma go scrounge up some noms. #
- 23:12 @Pride1G Lucky :) Have fun. #
- 23:16 @Pride1G Figures. #
- 23:18 Making poptart melts and hot coco, and watching S1 of Batman the Animated Series. #
- 23:22 @Pride1G almost didn't get that with the misspelling. Gonna hafta pass. Ned to eat and take meds that'll make me stop coughing and sleep. #
- 23:39 You know, the graphic art behind The Cat and The Claw ep always strikes me... and that's not just the Nyquil talking. #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter
- 03:07 =..= grr #
- 03:12 Aaand we're off. #
- 06:11 Nearing Jackson. Mom's going to take over driving now. #
- 06:59 Discovering Flyleaf. Evidently Kurt's a big fan, and he made a CD for Mom. #
- 09:10 Stopping at a Waffle House near Memphis =..= #
- 09:40 On the road again. #
- 12:16 We're in Conway, stopping for gas. Mom's gonna take over driving. #
- 12:25 @mr_nnj Awesome. I know I'ma check it out as soon as I wake up from that self induced coma I'll be having. #
- 14:24 Home! Thank you, Jesus =..= #
- 15:44 @Davlenagain Oh, you're humor astounds me.... or it would if I weren't about to slip into a coma v..v #
- 15:47 Taking time out from stuffing my face to start up the PC. Hoping the connection will last, and I can get the eps from @OMFGFM that I missed. #
- 15:49 ...I wonder if I have the presence of mind to read @mr_nnj's new post... lemme see... #
- 15:55 @Davlenagain Trying not to. All I really want is to download the last episode of EoRP from iTunes... I'd be happy with that. #
- 16:03 Wow... 8 podcasts to download. Well, Essence first. #
- 16:06 ...Hm. As usual, the signal isn't strong enough for me to be in IRC and listen. I'll just have to settle. #
- 16:14 @Umamor1 O..O holy cow! Are you ok? #
- 16:23 Dang internet >..< #
- 16:51 @Umamor1 Well good. He deserved it. #
- 19:01 ...just got through listening to yesterday's EoRP.... this MUST be addressed <..< #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter
- 10:03 Goodness gracious me! It's been 2 days, why'm I waking up sore still? >..< #
- 10:06 @wotcherscamp <..< Remind me to say that when you mention your own misfortune :p #
- 10:24 @Davlenagain Don't think so... I'll just chalk it up to travel lag and an unfamilare bed I guess. #
- 10:31 Going to go visit the girls :) #
- 12:32 Still at the office with the girls. G was out when I got here, so I'm kinda waiting on her to show :) #
- 13:33 Finally got my visit with G. Headed over to see the BlueBird :3 #
- 14:17 That was a good visit :) #
- 14:24 @Davlenagain with visiting, yes... #
- 14:26 ...I felt really bad about splurging on those books yesterday... So, I'm taking them back... Le sigh -_- #
- 14:29 @Davlenagain They were horribly over priced, and I actually want to eat while I'm here. #
- 14:32 Oh, btw, Houma now has a Ichiban resturant. I hate to be disloyal, but Ichiban < Zen. #
- 17:46 Had to run an errand with Mom. Heading to Celeste's now. #
- 17:49 Hopefully the worst of 5 o'clock traffic will be over. #
- 19:24 Thank you, God, for the rain :) #
- 19:28 @wotcherscamp Exactly! :D #
- 19:56 Listening to Essence of RP .... I hate that I missed it :( I'm really beginning to miss everyone in Skype/Vent/IRC ... #
- 19:58 @Kexman :D Thanks! #
- 19:59 @Davlenagain I know but it's such fun to be talking to everyone in Skype or Vent. And be in the IRC. I'm spoiled -_- #
- 20:32 Oh, Ryan and Celeste are home :) #
- 23:02 Celeste read something that said 'it's amazing what pressing ctrl+W will do, really it's fascinating.' .... #
- 23:02 ... so she pressed it and it closed her browser :D she was helpless with laughter! #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter